• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime DVD Ranking, April 25-May 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quote
I guess the people just can't get enough of that Clamp character design, good to see that Code is doing well even better then a few of our American releases. Also does the Freedom release contain both HD-DVD and a regular dvd or did that release only include a regular DVD?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it is just doing well because of CLAMP CDs(ie. brand name) or what? I mean I know they are very popular, especially over there, but at least from whats on the E page they have nothing to do with the story or the direction it goes in. Either way it still has got me interested. Wink

I guess I should expect Death Note to be on there, but I secretly want it to do bad. That way it will come over here quicker because the fees will be less. Oh well, doesn't look like that will happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
supercait86

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

I guess I should expect Death Note to be on there, but I secretly want it to do bad. That way it will come over here quicker because the fees will be less. Oh well, doesn't look like that will happen.

I believe Death Note has already been licensed by Viz. They have plans to release it online and then I'd assume on DVD.

http://deathnote.viz.com/[/url]
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
so..how come Geass is not licensed yet ? >_>
it took them..like...3 min to license Death note and 27 seconds to license Blue Dragon...don't tell me they are going to take a year like for Haruhi >_>
skygtr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope Geass gets licensed once season 1 finishes airing, and hopefully not by Bandai Vis. cause I'll have to win the lottery to get those DVDs. Laughing
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

Yo where have ya been?

Death note is coming, sooner rather then later. It was basically licensed before it even aired.
crescendoll

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'd suspect that Code Geass's particular success is due to the felicitous combination of regular anime fan sales, mecha fan sales (assuming mecha fans dig the show), the allure of anything even remotely related to CLAMP, and of course to (scarily strong) fujoshi buying power. Still, though, surpassing Letters from Iwo Jima? Now that's impressive.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Yo where have ya been?

Actually I have been out of country for the last month and a half, and I had very little internet access Embarassed

Anyway, I knew Viz was going to get the licence. I guess my biggest fear was that for some reason Viz would decide to sit on it for a while to see if they could get a better deal(just the pessimist in me thats all).

But an even more recent article dashed those fears all together. So now I am happy that DN will be put on the fast track.

PS. Sorry, I am still trying to catch up from my info bubble, not to mention the stuff that plain slipped out of my head.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quote
skygtr wrote:
I hope Geass gets licensed once season 1 finishes airing, and hopefully not by Bandai Vis. cause I'll have to win the lottery to get those DVDs. Laughing

That's for sure. Bandai Visual better stay away from my Code Geass! Besides, if they got it, it won't be dubbed most likely. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
That's for sure. Bandai Visual better stay away from my Code Geass! Besides, if they got it, it won't be dubbed most likely. Rolling Eyes

I didn't stay up with the Fansub but I really want to check that out, but if BV gets it I probably won't be able to afford it. Crying or Very sad

Dargonxtc wrote:
Actually I have been out of country for the last month and a half, and I had very little internet access

Welcome back, I spend some time in Vegas last weekend and it was weird not having internet for two days....it's strange how much I am on this site/internet.
YoruMitsukai

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Someone I talked to joked about how whoever licenses Geass would have to pay Pizza Hut for license as well. Anime hyper I wondered why it hadn't been licensed a couple months ago.

Maybe they want to wait for the last two eps to air in the summer?
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
YoruMitsukai wrote:

Maybe they want to wait for the last two eps to air in the summer?

hum , i don't know .
I don't think so .

I'm pretty sure Bandai is going to license it.....in some month . Actually i'm pretty sure they are waiting for a big anime convention to announce it .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1