• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chibi Vampire's Kagesaki to End Onii-chan Control Manga in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kebble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
I read about 20 plus chapters of Onii-Chan Control, and I thought it was pretty funny. The incest as a topic is pretty tongue-and-cheek, and as one could see from reading the author's comments, he seems happy enough getting back to the borderline smut he loves to draw.

Today of course the whole sister with a brother complex seems over-done. In this manga however, the brother feels guilty of his erotic fantasies about his sister, and assumes his unnatural affection is unrequited. The sister instigates most of the ecchi content in a vain attempt to provoke her brother into making the first move, but in the end the reader usually settles for seeing the sister's boobs and the brother's bloody nose. The writing isn't bad, yet I found that most of the humour stems from the side characters who live in the same building. The biggest fault I found with this series is it didn't seem to know when to be cute, funny, or erotic. It was sort of a random mashup which left you wanting one thing at a certain point in the story, but always getting stuck with another thing.
doctorx0079

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Just a minor correction: once again, Yuna Kagesaki is a SHE not a he.

EDIT: (And her surname is apparently spelled with an "e".)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1