• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
So I borrowed this for PS3 from a friend of mine. I had only seen the cover, a few screenshots (not even a trailer or video of any kind), and read a little about the battle system, and holy crap(!), this game is crazy.

I'm a big fan of the MGS franchise, and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how hyper-everything, stylish, and over-the-top this game is in contrast to the the Solid series. I'm only about half an hour into the game so far where spoiler[ Raiden got his ass handed to him by Sam, got upgraded and is on his first new mission], but I'm liking it, so far.

Quick question to anyone that's played it, though. I'm playing the game on Easy (just to get used to it, first, as I always do with any video game), and am racking up these BP (battle points?) really fast. Is it really that easy to get these points and upgrade, or should I be saving them for something else?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
It's not that hard accumulating BP (especially if you're like me and you go back and replay the game because it's so fun). I would use them to unlock more moves, though, especially the dodge one. Upgrading your sword is good too.

Anyways, I love this game. MGS2 was the first Metal Gear game I played, so I never had the "WAAAAH HE'S NOT SNAKE!!!" problem with Raiden. I was quite happy at his return to the main character spot.

The action can get crazy awesome, which is made better by the soundtrack. And those boss fights, man. Especially the final one. Like I said, I go back and replay it all the time because it's just so damn fun.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
I don't really remember it taking much to unlock things with the points. I mean quite honestly your sword is really the only worthwhile thing you need. The other weapons you get are kind of pointless.

It's a very good game, but the lack of content-no doubt a product of it's rushed development- really shows.

Be sure to get the DLC which is free now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Personally I hated the Sam DLC so I'd suggest skipping it. Wolf's is definitely worth it.
Bullza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:16 pm Reply with quote
It should have got a sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1