• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Motion Comics.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vox207

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
Hey guys! I wanted to see what people thoughts are for motion comics. I saw the ad for it on the anime news front page and thought I might give it a try.

My thoughts is that it's a pretty interesting concept for Manga. What motion comics is that they would take the original Manga and take out the word bubbles, and other word text and have voice actors read it aloud. It's like watching an anime but with the Manga as the artwork. The one advertised, not sure if you guys are seeing the same as I see is Hadi Girl and it was pretty good. It had the first 10 chapters from the manga and the voice work was pretty good. They had noticeable ones like Aya Hirano, which surprise me since she kinda disappeared. After watching this I wanna give it a shot. Plus its cool since it supports the Manga industry and it offers a different way to experience manga. Downside is that its kinda pricey by American dollars but its a great deal in yen since Hadi Girl gives you the first 10 chapters which is vol 1 and some of 2. It's like 13 bucks if you wanna buy it or 5 to rent.

Here is the link for more info
http://manga25.com/en/contents/2013/09/20/60/
legendofzeke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Please don't self-advertise. -TK]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1