• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shoji Gatoh's Amagi Brilliant Park Gets Manga in Dragon Age

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
A manga now huh? I haven't read the LN either but I'm somewhat excited about this.

I hope to see a PV for the anime that was announced soon too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
A manga now huh? I haven't read the LN either but I'm somewhat excited about this.

I hope to see a PV for the anime that was announced soon too!

It's kinda standard to get a manga either before or alongside an anime adaptation to increase your revenue streams and accessibility. Prior to being announced as an anime Hyouka got a manga in Shounen Ace as well. It's standard publishing tactics to increase the mediums a story is in for advertising on a big venture.

A PV may not be coming for a while. We know the spring project for KyoAni is the Tamako Market movie and summer may have Free! S2 given some of the hints we've received (though nothing official), which would mean Amagi is in Autumn at the earliest. Even if it's airing in the summer, we wouldn't get a PV until June-ish.
musouka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the light novels, but I can't get too excited about a manga adaptation. I know mixed media is the way things are usually done nowadays, but it's pretty rare that the manga adaptation of a light novel feels like anything more than a quick cash grab to me.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
I enjoyed the light novels, but I can't get too excited about a manga adaptation. I know mixed media is the way things are usually done nowadays, but it's pretty rare that the manga adaptation of a light novel feels like anything more than a quick cash grab to me.

I've found the one exception to this is the The Sacred Blacksmith manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1