• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Mobile Suited Up

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Perhaps there's not much to see beyond a recreation of One Piece on the 3DS, but that may be what some young fans want

I don't know why there is this constant idea that One Pieces main audience are kids.

http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/526/One-Piece1.jpg

Only 12% of its audience is under 18 years old.

As an adult, I've already got it preordered and will be picking it up along with Lightning Returns.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I do have to admit that game by Suda 51 is a pretty interesting mix and platformer.

Like Lightning? Folks already have a like or hate for her. But it's kind of hard when you had all these other interesting characters to get into. But now she's got this game all to herself. So now you have no choice. Laughing
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Is Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc a remake, sequel, prequel, or a side story to the rest of the series? It looks interesting but I don't know where to start if I get into Danganronpa.
Ultimatum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
L stole my cookie! wrote:
Is Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc a remake, sequel, prequel, or a side story to the rest of the series? It looks interesting but I don't know where to start if I get into Danganronpa.

It's a remake, so it contains the original game. It's a good place to start.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps there's not much to see beyond a recreation of One Piece on the 3DS, but that may be what some young fans want

I don't know why there is this constant idea that One Pieces main audience are kids.

I'm not really seeing the connection between saying some young fans might want something and saying One Piece is for kids. Though there is a difference between a target audience and a demographic spread. Technically everything in Shonen Jump is for kids.

Anyway, interestingly enough Takara Tomy is releasing a new Wolf Fang toy later this year as part of their A.R.T.S. line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Wolf Fang certainly looks good. It manages to be successful.

What heck Full Boost? I'm not sure I've heard of that name with Gundam franchise before.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
My one point of confusion on Ranko Tsukigime: like Memories, all of the segments in Short Peace are based on short stories by Katushiro Otomo, right? So doesn't that mean Ranko should be based on one too? It doesn't seem to be, though, which makes me wonder what exactly its connection is supposed to be to the other films and what it has to do with Otomo himself.

And as far as the Short Peace anime goes, who's licensed it? When can we expect it? Will it get some kind of limited-run theatrical release?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Lightning Returns: Come the 11th, those of us who want to finish XIII's saga will do so, DLC or no DLC (mostly no since many of them are just extra service; you can easily beat the game with what the story offers alone). Though I imagine most folks will be too invested in Bravely Default by the time this comes out.

One Piece: Romance Dawn: This actually is a great idea to release localized. I would love to actually play at least one One Piece game, and one that's an RPG and for the 3DS? Sold!

Toukiden: Well, oni are always cool, but slaughtering them in troves is not cool in my book. :[
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:

What heck Full Boost? I'm not sure I've heard of that name with Gundam franchise before.

It's just your average strange Japanese fighting game subtitle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:

Full Boost is just an expanded re-release of an older game. The next one is called Maxi Boost. Presumably it's a "Full Power", and "Maximum Power" kind of thing.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:03 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Wrangler wrote:

Full Boost is just an expanded re-release of an older game. The next one is called Maxi Boost.

This Maxi Boost?

superdry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's doubly sad because Cave never put together a mobile version of ESP Ra.De., which I still consider their best creation.

I personally would have liked to see a console port of it as a Cave game is best played with an arcade stick (joypad is fine too). The only two pre-2000 Cave games that did get an updated polish was Guwange (XBLA) and Dodonpachi (secret unlockable from their VN title, Instant Brain). Dangun Feveron was supposedly in production, but nothing came out of that (probably got canned).

Anywho, I highly doubt we'll see anymore Cave games on consoles soon since Makoto Asada who lead their console division left last year and joined 5pb after the company decided to take a break from releasing games on consoles. The only thing would be for Cave to license their games to other publishers like 5pb/Mages to see them on consoles.
Kakugo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
I would play the living f**k out of Sengoku Basara: Angel Cop Warriors.

Toukiden looks neat, but not-quite-neat enough to justify a Vita purchase. Having ground more hours of my life away on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate than I'd care to admit, the thought of playing that but with youkai as the target is... appealing, to say the least.
Kyoshinhei
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
About Gundam EXVSFB, it should be mentioned as a (little) import barrier that apparently you must activate the game on a japanese PSN account to play online (and then you can only play online from that account, secondhand buyers will have to buy a new online pass for 1000 yens). Creating a Japanese PSN account is no big deal but this kinda sucks for people (like me) who want their trophies on their western account...

I'm expecting my copy of the game around next week, then I'll know for sure if online gaming is indeed JP PSN only but from what I gathered on the web, it seems to be the case.
GVman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There's no word of it yet, but if Dynasty Warriors: Gundam can show up here, why not this?

Because Koei-Tecmo does the localization work with those; Bandai-Namco just gives 'em the OK. They don't feel like a Gundam game localized by themselves would be worth the money after the poor sales and reception of Crossfire.

Quote:
Puzzlingly low. CAPCOM has announced nothing for Sengoku Basara 4, despite having released its immediate predecessor in 2010. Not even a digital-only release, CAPCOM? Really now. Dynasty Warriors gets to visit North America as often as it wants.

Technically not true*, as the immediate predecessor would be Sengoku Basara 3 Utage, an expansion game, in 2011; it added a good chunk of content. As for why SB never comes to America now, a Capcom representative mentioned on either the Capcom forums or the KOEI Warriors forums (they have a subsection for SB) that Capcom USA has no interest in bringing over any more Sengoku Basara games after the allegedly poor sales of SB3. I think including the Japanese voice track would've helped sales, but I digress. Sengoku-era games just don't seem to do as well here, if Koei's decision to not bring over many of the Samurai Warriors titles is any hint.

*I realize this sounds snarky; I was just pointing that out to illustrate that we've missed more SB than mentioned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2