• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Next Power Rangers Show to Adapt Kyōryūger in 2015

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
How is this a first? Power Rangers has skipped seasons before.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:

Not really outright like this. They've used zords and monsters but it seems like they are skipping an entire series worth of zords and suits.
the skinny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I think the real question on everybody's mind is when will they bring back Bulk & Skull?
michael.hopkins.5203

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
That's true,they never did show dairanger here in the states
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Dairanger and Kakuranger weren't skipped, just adapted differently

I'm not really.. surprised. Saban seems to be tunnel visioned obsession on aping the nostalgia crowd. Goseiger's adaption was just a rehash of the original PR 'teenagers with attitude' schtick, and Gokaiger will be, well, an anniversary series, only not really as good and focusing on Tommy, again. I'm not surprised they'd want to skip right to the next Dinosaur themed sentai so they can ape the 'Mighty Morphin' crowd again by going 'Look! Dinosaurs, just like the original Power Rangers!'

Still, with Kyoryuger just ending, I'd hate to see how much it gets watered down. The fun, creative villains and characters like Ramirez and Nossan, and Luckyuro/Candelira. The transformations being them shooting themselves with guns. Kyoryuger was just so full of energy and fun, and I'd hate to see them try to do some bland thing like Megaforce and remove all the dancing, music, and energy the show had.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
the skinny wrote:
I think the real question on everybody's mind is when will they bring back Bulk & Skull?

Bulk as Kyoryu Cyan! You know you want this! Cool
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
michael.hopkins.5203 wrote:
That's true,they never did show dairanger here in the states

Not in its entirety; the Kiba Ranger suit was used for the White Ranger, Dairanger's main villain and many of its monsters were used, the Mythical Chi Beasts were used for the Thunderzords in MMPR S2, and Lord Zedd was created/used just for PR, along with the rest of the Zyu2 monsters. Kakuranger was used for both MMPR S3 AND Alien Rangers.

Last edited by ReNellGlover on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 8 times in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much Bandai was involved with this move since in addition to getting the lowest ratings since Ohranger in Japan, Go-Busters also did terribly in toy sales to the point that the company's president blamed the show for it.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Bulk as Kyoryu Cyan! You know you want this! Cool

They wouldn't think of that to be honest, as amazing as it would be, especially if they intend to continue the MMPR-nostalgia stuff.

NJ_ wrote:
I wonder how much Bandai was involved with this move since in addition to getting the lowest ratings since Ohranger in Japan, Go-Busters also did terribly in toy sales to the point that the company's president blamed the show for it.

Yet it was one of the best shows in years too. Enter was one of the most entertaining villains in a good while. I would've thought Gobusters would've worked better in North America then Japan anyway but that would require some actual thought in how to handle it instead of rehashing old material.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Not really outright like this. They've used zords and monsters but it seems like they are skipping an entire series worth of zords and suits.

Didn't Toei tell Saban Entertainment, then Disney/BVS, now Saban Brands/SCG Power Rangers LLC NOT to skip a single season since Zyuranger? Some fans believe Power Rangers Dino Charge is fake; on an unrelated note, Super Megaforce will premiere on Nick.com tomorrow, 6 days before the ACTUAL day of the premiere.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Didn't Toei tell Saban Entertainment, then Disney/BVS, now Saban Brands/SCG Power Rangers LLC NOT to skip a single season since Zyuranger? Some fans believe Power Rangers Dino Charge is fake; on an unrelated note, Super Megaforce will premiere on Nick.com tomorrow, 6 days before the ACTUAL day of the premiere.

Well frankly some fans are stupid. Saban posted this on their facebook page for power rangers. They aren't going to post false news on their official page.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:
ReNellGlover wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Well frankly some fans are stupid. Saban posted this on their facebook page for power rangers. They aren't going to post false news on their official page.

Yeah, I just noticed.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame, the Go-Busters toys were pretty cool and looked great. They were sort of like Transformers Headmasters, it's so rare to see actual transforming in a Ranger series. I was really curious to see how well the Bandai America versions would be made, but I guess that'll never happen.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
And people STILL want Power Rangers to come back to Vortexx on the CW (according to the Saban Discussions on Toonzone), but it can never happen because: 1. the Nickelodeon networks' contract with Saban's SCG Power Rangers LLC is still valid, and 2. The CW apparently has content issues ("More crazy people would turn bad and shoot students in the schools").
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
well this bit unexpected give next year power rangers series yea give go-busters & do another dinosaur series again.

yea give power rangers history keep in connect sentai version give carry-over zords, monster, white ranger tommy outfit.

but this in 2015 indeed this is a 1st skip go-buster & bring in the dinosaurs for 3rd time.

spoiler[what are odds certain you know who make 3rd dinosaur showing again?]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2