• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I was kinda hoping Dekomori would keep worshiping spoiler[Nibutani] for at least one more episode. that whole thing was hilarious
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow I thought this was a silly episode till I found out napping tournaments exist....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

Laughing spoiler[Kumin saved their club], The Oreintal Magic Napping Society in Summer, because spoiler[napping] competitions exist and would be recognised by the council. And yes, we did have a spoiler[nap off] done in the usual imagination fight, which was kind of awesome at having spoiler[Kumin maybe being their strongest ally, it was apparently her dream]. I don't get why they did not pitch it as a drama like club, where they practice with live shows with the script done on the fly, Rikka already beat the actual drama club at that. That could even explain why Shinka takes part in it, its helps with charisma, although Rikka's anxiety at speaking at the meeting would not have helped.

And we had the girl on girl nose touch that we see in the series promotional art. I somewhat like her inclusion, I mean if she has more friendship moments with Yuuta or maybe Shinka. We need more Chimera though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5:

That was the best spoiler[nap match] I've ever seen. Kumin gets a high-5 from me. That chuunibyou battle was awesome too.

Now on a more serious note, it seems like that new girl keeps gets closer and closer to Yuuta every single episode whether it's on intention or not. We're about half way to the series now and I expect this to be part of the major storyline this season. I hope this develops soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Also stalker girl strikes again in this episode. You can see her face.

Good eye! I missed that entirely.
Background events are best events!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

This episode had the romance and such that we were waiting for, it showed the distance that Rikka still couldn't quite put herself into the romantic seat. She was even more anxious over other spoiler[people watching. But then there was that scene, the scene where Yuuta and Rikka look into each other's eyes under the blanket], and you could see it, most of the spoiler[anxiety Rikka had was gone. It actually looked like they were about to share a tender kiss right there, but Shinka "saved" them, and we saw that Rikka was able to move forward, she kissed him on the cheek], which was so cute. And spoiler[their date looked great too], they are best when he does not worry about being normal.

Wait, it is Valentines day, figures something like this would come out. I will try and appreciate this before it gets overshadowed by a certain other romance anime involving yuri though.

Also great that we had some time with the rest of their class; I am actually quite reminded of what happened with K-ON in regards to this, how they can give some character to other background characters. And it was brought up the rumour of a spoiler[love triangle involving Shinka], which honestly think might have some merit. Her classmates are well aware of her previous 8th grade syndrome too. It did sound like Dekomori has been spoiler[using Mori Summer's name for a website]...... although now that I think about it, it might actually be spoiler[the mysterious stalker].

Dekomori sounded normal after she spoiler[saved herself from falling out of the window]. Laughing And also Rikka planning on taking Chimera in the bag.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote
Finally we get some evidence that Rika is in actual honest-to-goodness love. As for Togashi, he likes her, but he doesn't really love her, and it makes the two of them extremely boring to watch.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote
...Can we not rename this thread "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb-"? I know that we're all otaku and borderline Japanophiles here, but it kind of makes this thread difficult to notice, and even more so to search afterwards.

In any case, this series, as well as its prequel, are probably the prodigious entries in slice-of-life for both 2013 and 2014. It's exceedingly moe, and it's even a little jarring to find Rikka just as delusional in the second season as she was at the beginning of the first. Though it represents a return to form for her after attempting to forcibly move on from it, one would think that she would have become just a bit more down-to-earth by this point in her development. But then, perhaps it could also be seen as another façade placed in front of emotions she is not yet willing to face and accept, just as it was in the first season, albeit in response to different hurdles altogether.

fudge it, though! No matter what, you really can't say no to that face of hers, much less her little ow!'s, the way in which she acts out her delusions, and her hair antenna. There are, of course, other characters, but I'll address them later. Too tired right now. Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Ren Lite episode 4:

Lol @ the spoiler[card game]. That was priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Whoa calm down KyoAni with this surprisingly relationship development. I died of cuteness from the end scene.

Since Dekimori did not make spoiler[the website, it definitely has to be the stalker girl. The only other possibility is Satone, but I doubt it is her. ]

You know what I am surprised at how they are using Satone. I thought she would be a catalyst for Rikka's and Yuuta's relationship by trying to break them up. Instead she is advancing their relationship similar to Nibutani constantly helping them out. spoiler[Satone obviously did not want to get in between their date. She went as far as saying she would be fine even though she had no money and was lost.] I am actually glad they took this approach.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well that was fun. I was expecting it to be more dramatic but turned out to be spoiler[cute at the end with Rikka's confession. At any rate, I don't think this is the last we'll see Sofia in this love triangle. It's obvious that she still has a thing for her Hero. I'm expecting to see more drama between her and Rikka soon in the future. I]

On another note, poor Dekomori Confused
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

Well the love part often referenced in the title is in full force. Last episode had Rika get past the barrier she had from opening her feelings, and here she spoiler[got guts to say she loved him without any blushing]. The information of Sofia's past and feelings were also a good addition. She was pretty good at picking up that is was supposed to be a date between Yuuta and Rikka, and tried not to interfere.

And Dekomori. You better believe I am taking Dekomori's reaction to Shinka as her being tsundere, what with her say that "she finally gives me a call". It does appear that the one who created the website is likely spoiler[the stalker girl who has appeared in the background several times].
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Poor Shichimiya Sad This is probably the best episode so far; lot's of different emotions mixed in there. I felt so freaking bad for Shichimiya though!spoiler[ She was head-over-heels for him, but she was too afraid of growing up and leaving her delusions]. It sucks because Yuta and Sophia would probably have a much better relationship than Yuta and Rikka have right now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Finally out, yay!

Movie

The movie was largely a compilation of the series, so if you were expecting much new then you might be disappointed. But we do get an awesome start where spoiler[Rikka and Yuuta are apparently getting married], which unsurprisingly spoiler[turns into a fight and revealed as Rikka's dream]. I do think a major difference really would be the music scores that run the scenes together, sometimes to a different tone due to this being Rikka's point of view.

But watching the movie is great, simply because it reminds me that series really is good. Through the movie we clearly see characters going through their emotions she went in the series, like seeing again the point where she fell in love with Yuuta and her confusion over her feelings, and when Dekomori own feelings. It all kind of puts into perspective what Rikka has managed to do during the current series in continuing to move forward. I actually groaned for a bit when I saw they were doing the studying bit, but then I remembered that it was actually was a pretty important part.

Some nice bits a little original were the spoiler[character montages about the secondary main characters]; Shinka, Kumin, and Dekomori. The fact that Rikka apparently spoiler[forgot the entire situation with Isshiki shaving so we got that part fast forwarded]. I think that Dekomori reassured Rikka with a spoiler[Gurren Lagann] like one liner. And we got some explanations to how the second season started so we would not have been as confused. Oh, and question, I know that she was using her mark II umbrella during first season, and I noticed the mark IV she used during her dream looked like the one he gave to her as a present.

The credits was kind of nice at first, but it was missing something. Which was solved when they played Inside Identity. I rate the movie Very Good because of the fact so much of it was just the first season, although by its own merits it might have gotten higher.

Movie Lite

When I suddenly saw Kuzuha during that time period I suddenly had a thought. What if spoiler[the mysterious stalker has actually been Kuzuha's friend, Mika-chan]. She also appeared here spoiler[thinking Dark Flame Master was cool with his broken leg he got from flailing around like an idiot and slipping on a can].

Should I feel bad for being jealous of Rikka's cool outfits? There is only so much a guy like me can pull off.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
The movie lite was pretty funny like usual. DARK FLAME MASTER!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 21