• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Stars Victory Vs. Game's 52 Characters Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OH&S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
And then all the complainers were silenced...

What a roster!
Ryuk25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
Great!

No more posts about a character being revealed in this game! Smile Very Happy Smile
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
I only see Ace and Hiei not the other two on the scans. Man this is like finding a needle in a haystack. But I'm glad that people remember Otokojuku, better make Momo playable, he's like a school version of Kenshiro.

Only need Dio, some JoJo Stand users, Yoh, Kinnikuman, Black Cat, Nurarihyon and Death Note then this game will be completed.

Last edited by Takamachi Ryoko on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
god45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
fudge was hoping xanxus or byakuran where in this game hoping they will be in the 2nd game if their is one
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Killua

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS. He better be playable.
Hopefully this has some chance of getting over here.
wootsman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
Ryuk25 wrote:
Great!

No more posts about a character being revealed in this game! Smile Very Happy Smile

There's still 4 more left to be announced.
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/jump45/pc/mode/mode03.html
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 am Reply with quote
My final analysis of the roster.

- I hate that One Piece gets a 4th rep, but its not a huge complaint of mine. Its just going to feel weird to see 4 reps for one series. I like One Piece as much as the next person (as you can tell by my name and avatar), so I'm not saying this just to say it.

- I'm still salty about seeing Allen Walker and Bossun as a support, especially since Bossun was my 2nd most wanted character behind Oga.

- I don't have any characters that I wanted in that aren't in. I got Oga, Bossun, and Gintoki. That's all I wanted (Bossun why'd you have to be support Anime cry). It does feel weird not seeing Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, or Kinnikuman in this game, but I forgive it since the roster looks good enough.

After my little rant, the rest of the cast looks AMAZING. I can't wait to get my hands on it in March. Wish I could have pre-ordered the Anison Edition, but it was a little too pricey for me. I'm gonna hate not being able to listen to Baka Survivor while fighting.

My first team will probably be: Oga Tatsumi, Monkey D Luffy, and Nube-Sensei
My 3 most hyped characters.

wootsman wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
Great!

Everyone came to the conclusion that all the pages aren't filled. So 1 page will probably only have 1 or 2 characters on it, instead of a full 4. A lot of evidence points to this being the final.

Last edited by StrawHat313 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty disappointed to see that Yami didn't make it... she's an actual fighter from To Love Ru and is more popular than Lala as well. Not even her Eve version from Black Cat made it..
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm pretty disappointed to see that Yami didn't make it... she's an actual fighter from To Love Ru and is more popular than Lala as well. Not even her Eve version from Black Cat made it..
Wait...there's an actual relation to Eve and Yami? I thought they were similar but I didn't know there was an actual connection. *checks wikipedia* oh wow..same illustrator. lol. cool. Yeah, she should've been the fighter...logic is not working here
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
So in the end only one rep from Saint Seiya!? and no one from the 12 Gold Saints? not even Phoenix Ikki!? unfair -_-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
god45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote
DarkLordDragon wrote:
So in the end only one rep from Saint Seiya!? and no one from the 12 Gold Saints? not even Phoenix Ikki!? unfair -_-
join the crew their is not even a rep for reborn as well but i heard that it's tradition to do a 2nd game for jump proof ince the first one came out in 1989 and the second one came out in 1991 and super stars came out in 2005 and the last one came out in 2006 so it could me the second one could have more rivals and bad guys does this sound legit ?
gpanthony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:29 am Reply with quote
I just want to remember how many breads I've eaten in my lifetime.
Uppa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 am Reply with quote
I'm in the unfortunate bracket of having a few of my desired series absent. I wasn't honestly expecting Taikobo from Hoshin Engi to make an appearance--not this time; not without a new kanzenban release to promote--so I can kind of make peace with myself about his absence. Yoh of Shaman King and Yugi of Yu-Gi-Oh! don't appear to have made the cut either--and they hurt just a little more because of the amount of support in the west for those series. To tell the truth, I think all three of the series I wished for were part of a generation of series that weren't liable to find representation easily. If the developers had any vested interests in characters, chances were those characters would be from the 80s or early 90s to correspond with (my presumed) average developer age; and the people voting were probably the average, young Shounen Jump reader who wasn't about back in the late 90s.

So, I'm a little upset. I wanted those three series in there in a playable capacity. It's a small blessing to see Killua and Hiei because the roster as it stood before that certainly had representation from series that I liked, but not on the behalf of characters that I liked. I suppose the greatest shame about Hoshin, Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh! not making the cut is that those are the only three series where I like the main character most of all, and would have been series that would have satisfied me with having just one character each--on the basis that said character would be the main character.
Hentailovr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
wootsman wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
Great!

this very scan says "52 characters"... We have 52 characters already... Roster is final...
wootsman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
Hentailovr wrote:
wootsman wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
Great!

this very scan says "52 characters"... We have 52 characters already... Roster is final...

That would mean they'll be one whole page that's empty.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2