• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pierrot Plus Animates Sabagebu! Shōjo Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
A club with an interest in survival games? Interesting. I just started reading Bleach again recently so kinda looking forward to this with a taste of their designs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
Potential of greatest shoujo TV series of this year?! Laughing

Is it safe to say this won't self-destruct in its plot unlike last year's Gainax's C3Bu?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Quite disappointed that it's not Dogakobo as they have been on a roll for quite some time, but I'll probably watch it because of Oota as director anyway.

I can already see the "OH NO. IT'S LITTLE GIRLS WHO ARE HAVING FUN WITH TOY GUNS. THIS IS CLEARLY THE WORST THING EVER" tirade by the same people who had that issue with C3-bu.

I wonder if they'll be able to top their irrational reactions this time. Especially since this show (or at least the manga source) is actually aimed at little girls whereas C3-bu was silly otaku fare.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
This looks kind of cute. These type of "cute girls doing cute(?) things" aren't really my thing, but I did enjoy Love Live! and as long as this isn't another C3-bu I think it could be enjoyable.

I'll try it out.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
Sounds fun!
punipuniwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
So it's not Mahou Shoujo? I'm out.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
punipuniwarrior wrote:

I can't even imagine how you expect magical girls in series about girls-with-(airsoft) guns (unless it's like that Black Lagoon extra Shocked ).
xeroth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the action in C3bu a lot so hopefully the survival games themselves are good.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
>Shoujo anime
>Designs aren't terrible

Holy shit what? Picked up.
Kanokun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Girls in a survival game club huh I enjoyed Stella Jogakuin so sign me up.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad a Nakayoshi manga is getting an anime, even done by Studio Pierrot. I'm still a little bewildered that this is a thing aimed at 8 year old girls.

I read a few chapters in the Nakayoshi issues I own, and honestly the potential influence it has of a girl learning about guns and survival tactics and just havin fun hanging out with the girls its just a little unsettling.

C3-bu's controversy I could kinda just ignore since it was aimed at adults or older teens. but little kids? I just gotta cross the line there. Admittedly, there's not that many guns in it (like the latest chapter I read was the lead girl going through strenuous training to wear High-Heels or something) but all the key art has them posing and having fun holding guns and that's not cool.

I just wonder if this'll be airing during the day or more near the evening for the adult fans.
punipuniwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
punipuniwarrior wrote:

I can't even imagine how you expect magical girls in series about girls-with-(airsoft) guns (unless it's like that Black Lagoon extra Shocked ).

I don't really think Pierrot has done much worthwhile that isn't Mahou Shoujo. I can only think of a small handful.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
While I'm glad a Nakayoshi manga is getting an anime, even done by Studio Pierrot. I'm still a little bewildered that this is a thing aimed at 8 year old girls.

I read a few chapters in the Nakayoshi issues I own, and honestly the potential influence it has of a girl learning about guns and survival tactics and just havin fun hanging out with the girls its just a little unsettling.

C3-bu's controversy I could kinda just ignore since it was aimed at adults or older teens. but little kids? I just gotta cross the line there. Admittedly, there's not that many guns in it (like the latest chapter I read was the lead girl going through strenuous training to wear High-Heels or something) but all the key art has them posing and having fun holding guns and that's not cool.

I just wonder if this'll be airing during the day or more near the evening for the adult fans.

What c3-bu controversy? 1 or 2 people complaining about it makes it a controversy now?
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
kawaiibunny3 wrote:

What c3-bu controversy? 1 or 2 people complaining about it makes it a controversy now?

since everyone had something to say about it when it premiered, it felt like it.
bad choice of words I guess. replace "controversy" with "content".
Jave

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:

I was going to say what controversy but rederoin beat me to it Laughing All I saw was one or two extremists talking about American gun rights like they had any place in a Japanese cartoons. I don't see anything wrong with a manga about girls playing airsoft unless this is some kind of 'girls can't play airsoft' thing. We got manga about them playing tennis, fencing, archery, video games, cooking, volleyball, board games, music club, card games, and other stuff so why not airsoft I say. No different from any of those.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1