• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Character Bios, what's the chances?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:20 am Reply with quote
The encyclopedia is great, I love being able to go through and check and submit info. It's certainly growing to be my favorite behind the scenes database. Only thing that I think it needs to be perfect though is character bios. There's been several times where I'll be going through a series and I want to know more about the characters in it. Or maybe I'll be reading and not remember a character and want to refresh my memorie on just what that character's role was. Any chance of adding bio contributions to the Encyclopedia?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah... character bios. Sooner or later I'm going to have to add this feature. There have actually been a few submissions of "other information" that contained character bios but we were forced to discard them because the encyclopedia is simply not built to deal with that. But if, like I said in my first letter, we truly hope to hold the sum of all anime knowledge, I really have to add this feature. But in the meantime let's use this thread to store character bio information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Di Gi Charat:

Di Gi Charat (Dejiko) [seiyuu: Asami Sanada]
Age:10 Height:148cm Weight:38kg Birthday:8 February Blood group:0
Dejiko comes from planet 'Charat', she is mean, selfish, and a walking example of KAWAII Smile She ends sentences with '-nyo'. Shoots with an eye-laser beam (me kara beam).

Petit Charat (Puchiko) [seiyuu: Miyuki Sawashiro]
Age:5 Height:103cm Weight:18kg Birthday:21 January Blood group:B
She came to Akihabara together with Dejiko. She is younger, smaller and smarter than Dejiko. Smile She ends sentences with '-nyu'.

Gema [seiyuu: Yoshiko Kamei]
Generally a flying yellow ball. Tries to be 'politically correct' and often quarrels with Dejiko. Ends sentences with '-gema'.

Usada Hikaru (Rabi~en~Rose) [seiyuu: Kyoko Hikami]
Age:14 Height:164cm Weight:??kg Birthday:30 August Blood group:A
Competes with Dejiko. Hates to be called with her original name.

Takuro Minagawa [seiyuu: Omi Minami]
Blood group:??
A usually shy fan of Rabi~en~Rose.

Takuro Kimura (Mr.Longhair) [seiyuu: Ryoutarou Okiayu]
A student. Linguistic purist. He likes (that's very easy said Smile) Puchiko very much.

Takeshi and Yoshimi [seiyuu: Rei Naitou, Norihisa Mori]
Typical Otaku. They would do anything for Dejiko. Their names written together in kanji mean "bukimi" that stands for weird.

Hen-na Ikimono (Strange Creature)
Well, the most mysterious character in the whole Anime. Yellow, bear-like, and his favourite are Godzillas (raw, without spices Smile)

Pyoko [Seyuu:?]
Dejikos opponent. Ends words in '-pyo'.
Blond sweet and mean Smile) Member of the black gema team. She blasts with a terrible 'mouth-bazooka'. First appears in episode 1 of the summer break special

The black gema team.
A bunch of guys who try to mess up the peaceful life of Dejiko & Co. A dog-boy included. First appear in summer break special.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1