• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Video Anime's Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Looks cute. It looks somewhat different from the alternate manga I read from though. Still, looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I just hope in this new episode the animation is somewhat decent, last time was simply horrendous... :/
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:39 am Reply with quote
Hmmm......... an introvert ordinary MC who gets all the girls maybe..........
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
The description doesn't really do the story justice. The key in it is that the two main characters are entirely different people in and out of school. In school, Hori is the perfect student, popular girl, etc... Out of school she is, basically, an over worked "housewife" (sans the husband or actually being the parent of the child she cares for), taking care of her younger brother, cooking, cleaning, and a mad woman in terms of getting the best supermarket deals. Meanwhile Miyamura is the introverted, glasses wearing student at school, but outside of school he is a tattooed, multiply pierced hottie with a heart of gold. He also, counter-intuitively, doesn't get good grades, which is used for much humor. (Introverted guys with glasses are supposed to be top students, no?)

Also, this description is not entirely accurate either:
"Honoka Sawada, the girl next door who is attracted to Miyamura."

Based on the Horimiya manga (story by HERO and art by Daisuke Hagiwara) the character of Honoka spoiler[seems to have a crush on Miyamura at first, but in reality has yuri crush on Hori. At the point in the manga I have been able to read, it appears that she may start thinking of Miyamura as an older-brother type figure, and I suppose she could end up crushing on both of them...]

I really wish they would do an anime of Horimiya, which has much better art and, from what I've read, a more romance oriented emphasis. It is a really great manga!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1