• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation June 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I kind of want to see what the LE looks like before ordering it. Hopefully pictures will show up before it sells out.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
Now listed @ FUNimation Shop

Quote:
Includes: Eps 1-13
Release Date: 6/3/2014

Part 1 Collector's Edition BD/DVD (http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=87719) | MSRP: $128.98
Quote:
Special Features: 4-pin collection (Military Police Regiment, Scout Regiment, Garrison Regiment, and Cadet Corps), a replica of Eren Jaeger’s key necklace, a sword necklace featuring the Titan flesh paring blades, a 3-D lenticular Art Card, Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 1 (24 page digibook), and 104 minutes of on-disc extras including: The Making of Attack on Titan, Chibi Theater: Fly, Cadets, Fly! Days 1-13, Episode 3 & 13 Commentaries, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

Part 1 Limited Edition BD/DVD (http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=87716) | MSRP: $89.98
Quote:
Special Features: a 3-D lenticular Art Card, Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 1 (24 page digibook), and 104 minutes of on-disc extras including: The Making of Attack on Titan, Chibi Theater: Fly, Cadets, Fly! Days 1-13, Episode 3 & 13 Commentaries, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

Part 1 BD/DVD (http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=87717) | MSRP: $49.98
Quote:
Special Features: 104 minutes of on-discs extras including: The Making of Attack on Titan, Chibi Theater: Fly, Cadets, Fly! Days 1-13, Episode 3 & 13 Commentaries, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

Last edited by WTK on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Now listed @ FUNimation Shop

Includes: Eps 1-13
Release Date: 6/3/2014

Part 1 Premium Edition BD/DVD (http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=87719) | MSRP: $128.98
Quote:
Special Features: 4-pin collection (Military Police Regiment, Scout Regiment, Garrison Regiment, and Cadet Corps), a replica of Eren Jaeger’s key necklace, a sword necklace featuring the Titan flesh paring blades, a 3-D lenticular Art Card, Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 1 (24 page digibook), and 104 minutes of on-disc extras including: The Making of Attack on Titan, Chibi Theater: Fly, Cadets, Fly! Days 1-13, Episode 3 & 13 Commentaries, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

Yup, this was the version I was waiting for. My Halo 3 Legendary Edition, GoS and Madoka LEs are going to have some company.

Also, I'm thrilled to see Funimation step up on the on-disc extras. Just waiting for the Rightstuf link...
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
Premium Edition is officially denoted as Collector's Edition. It's listed as a 'FUNimation exclusive'.

http://www.funimation.com/attack-on-titan

getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
so does that mean its only going to be available on funi's shop?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
so does that mean its only going to be available on funi's shop?

Well, there's the inevitable "third party" resellers but yes. One step beyond AoA, I like it. I'd never buy anything like it, ever, but well played.

What's next, limited/numbered singles? Come on Funimation, bury yourself under your own largess some more. And, yeah, I'm still hurting over their previous marketing decisions and have only bought one release of theirs since September.

And that was only because it debuted at 70% percent off.

"Funimation; Join us for our dubs of mediocre shows, run away when we try to become something we're not."
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
you keep running then. I 'll stay right where I am
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
The booklet in the digipack looks very nice, but I am worried that dust might get on the discs. I think it is a mistake for Funimation if they do not offer housing boxes for the limited and collector editions.

I want to support Funimation's deluxe sets, but I have to like the packaging. I already pre-order the LE for part 1, but the regular edition is looking more appealing to me right now.

Funimation, please have packaging that is worth the extra $25 I will happily pay you.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm a cheapo, so not only am I not going to get the premium or limited editions, but I'll wait until Attack on Titan is released as a single, ordinary collection. Hell, maybe I'll wait until the Anime Classics or S.A.V.E. edition comes out.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I pre-ordered the LE, but it does not appear to be an artbox for which to also contain the subsequently released part 2. Thus, I am kinda pissed.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
At least they are trying to be creative here. It depends on how they are doing the digipack tho. If the outside isn't just crappy doubled over cardstock, but closer to like a hardback then I think it could look pretty nice. Its also efficient.

I'm not a giant (heh) fan of the show. There was too much panning over still shots in the first half of the show and then there was the constant pants pooping by characters with the requisite speed lines just in case viewers were too clueless to understand that people were afraid. However, it was still a fun show but I was considering more of a regular edition or even a SAVE since we don't even know if and when the show will continue (I'm sure it will too much money left on table if they don't). After seeing what they are offering I'm more inclined to go with the Limited Edition instead. The Collectors Edition doesn't really have anything else that I want. If they did offer something else besides badges and keys I might be willing to bite. I'm very pleased to see Funi offer this in 3 different versions.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I believe a lot of panning and speed lines were fixed/changed in the Blu-ray release, so there's less of it
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I believe a lot of panning and speed lines were fixed/changed in the Blu-ray release, so there's less of it
I had seen some JP-BD shots early on that showed added detail and some color adjustments, but didn't see anything about them fixing the panning. If they fixed even some of the panning that would be terrific! I'm not adverse to a limited amount, but there was way too much imho. As far as some of the speed lines, I don't think they will get rid of those because it was more of a stylistic choice to add drama. Its not a choice I like, but if they at least address even some of the panning it would definitely improve my viewing enjoyment.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
First posts updated with full solicitation (Code:Breaker, Date A Live S1, Karneval, and Red Data Girl).
WTK

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/n/FT0000006758
Quote:
Shiki Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition Delayed!
Posted on: Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FUNimation announced a slight delay in the release of Shiki Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition. Instead of a May 20th street date, the title will now be available on June 17, 2014. Pre-order your copy of Shiki Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition today!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4