• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Order of credits for actors

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
I was trying to find common roles for some Japanese and English actresses. I gave up on it, at least for the moment, when I saw the the shows for the Japanese actresses were in chronological order but the shows for the English actresses were in alphabetical order, which makes them difficult to compare.

Is there anything that I can do to make them both display in the same order? Or is that something that would need to be changed in the software?

Last edited by Touma on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
You can toggle Japanese staff/cast to appear in alphabetical order or chronological order in your encyclopedia settings. (Non-Japanese people always appear alphabetically) Alternatively, you can use the compare feature between 2 actors and it'll show you titles they both acted in, then you can compare the two columns to see if they have the same role.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
@DerekTheRed
Thank you very much.
I have changed the Japanese order to match the English order.
The compare feature, which I had not noticed before, will probably be better for what I am doing right now.

I really need to pay more attention to the various settings and features that are available on the site.

Thanks again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1