• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon XY Special: Strongest Mega Evolution's Promo Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
How much do you wanna bet the special won't get dubbed? Laughing
Veniamin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
So, it's basically an entire special with a trainer tanking Megaevolution Pokemon left and right?

I'm down.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to dislike MegaEvolution. Pretty much locks everyone into using at least one Pokemon who can MegaEvolve or they're gimping themselves which means you constantly see the same Pokemon being used. I guess when/if they have more Pokemon able to Mega Evolve it'll become more diverse but right now it's very samey Confused As if the meta wasn't already samey enough

TsukasaElkKite wrote:

I said that about Origins and it did but maybe because they could cash in on Gen 1 nostalgia with them. But the Takeshi and Hikari specials from Best Wishes never got dubbed. Dent's special hasn't been dubbed yet and Iris is getting one this week. I guess if its a part of the TV series/movie canon then them getting dubbed is slim but if they're stand-alone then there's a higher chance.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Can we follow Alan every week for the next decade and a half? Because I'd be okay with that.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to reveal another mega-evo. I do think there may be a few that weren't programmed into the initial game, and there were the screenshots of the game being hacked to reveal MegaLati@s.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, I got Pokemon X at just the right time, because every time I use a megaevolution I just play 'Before my body' is dry at high volume. Laughing

I'll check it out when it comes out I mean I loved seeing spoiler[Megacharizard X kick mewtwo's ass in pokemon orgins] so this ought to be some fun.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Why do all the TV specials (Origins, now this) end up being cooler thn the actual show?
Blue21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm game for any part of the Pokemon anime that heavily features my favourite pokemon (Absol).
yappers4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Why do all the TV specials (Origins, now this) end up being cooler thn the actual show?

I'm still hoping for a Black/White 2 special. Laughing
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

It will, but it'll be shown in half a year or so lol
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

that's a giveme. its pretty obvious that its not gonna get dubbed. the same with the Best Wishes special. its been PUSA's mo not to do dubs for specials like those.

However they did do a dub for the origins OVA. so is it possible, yea but if i was a betting man, it would be 20/80.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:59 am Reply with quote
Fan service based on my favourite video game franchise? I'm down but I'm not expecting great action scenes since this seems to be from the same studio that brings the ongoing cartoon series.

As for mega evolution in-game, yeah, Ryan Andrews summed it up. Six of them are banned by Smogon and can be downright game changing at times. In personal opinion, I find a lot of them are overpowered however they can be the only thing that make the Pokemon viable in another tier or are out classed by the same Pokemon with another item.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
As for mega evolution in-game, yeah, Ryan Andrews summed it up. Six of them are banned by Smogon and can be downright game changing at times. In personal opinion, I find a lot of them are overpowered however they can be the only thing that make the Pokemon viable in another tier or are out classed by the same Pokemon with another item.

Smogon's tiers are bullshit.
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to reveal another mega-evo. I do think there may be a few that weren't programmed into the initial game, and there were the screenshots of the game being hacked to reveal MegaLati@s.

My guess is that they'll leave MegaLati@s for the next movie. The current movie will be about Bambi Jesus, Harbinger of Death and MoeCarbink right? So I guess that would leave room for a movie with them and a movie with the two other event legendaries.

I will watch this for sure, but I'm not really hyped. It's still by the main show's studio, so I was really hoping for something more canon, like Satoshi getting a Mega Charizard. I guess there's still room left for Charizard Y, since both this special and Origin featured Charizard X. And Charizard Y would probably fit Satoshi's Charizard better.

Another thing I don't like is, if they wanted another main character for the special, why not take someone from the game, like Calem (if he's not appearing in the show). People would be a bit more hyped in that way I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1