• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spring/Summer Anime Series' Lengths Listed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Brynhildr in the Darkness as a one cour show? Oh boy, prepare for anime original ending but hopefully it won't be rushed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
11 eps. is to be expected with Ping Pong (at least, by noitaminA one-cour standards), but 26, 4-min. eps. for Magica Wars? Ugh, it's 6x the length, but I really hope GAINAX doesn't pull a Pleiades again and treat those short eps. like full length ones…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Yama no Susume being 26 episodes makes me a happy camper, Mahou Shoujo Taisen being 2 cour shorts is also pretty good because there's a chance the series will be decent. I should try out the game since it will be released soon.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Magica Wars: 26 episodes,

Wow, I didn't expect Magica Wars to be two cour-
Quote:
each four-minutes long

... This was meant for Encouragement of Climb instead of Magica Wars, right?

EDIT: Nope, it is 4 minute episodes. (well there goes my expectations)

On the other hand, I'm a bit surprised by the fact that not only is Encouragement of Climb getting 26 episodes, but those episodes are going to be 15 minutes (probably closer to 12 when factoring commercials) long.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The File of Young Kindaichi Returns (Kindaichi Shōnen no Jikenbo R): 26 episodes

This means Space Bros will be back in the fall, right?

...Right?

spoiler[;__;]
Mega 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
The disappointment when I read what came after 26 episodes for Magica Wars is too great... Sad
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Brynhildr in the Darkness as a one cour show? Oh boy, prepare for anime original ending but hopefully it won't be rushed.

Lets just hope they end it somewhere weird wit ha "to be continued" or something
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
Darn, I was hoping that Brynhildr would be longer, it sounds really interesting! I was excited that Magica Wars was 26 episodes, but now with them only being 4 min long, I might skip on this one for now.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote
Well I was already in doubt of watching Magica Wars, but with 4 minutes per episode, I don't watch this weekly. Skip for now.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote
Brynhildr is a one cour show? I can't say I'm exactly surprised, but I'm definitely disappointed. I guess I'll just start praying for a split-cour now...>_>
electricpatriot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
Hold on! Is Encouragement of Climb's second season really going to be 26 episodes long!? If so, then good news for me, because I loved the first one and would have loved to see more then.
F-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Little Astro Boy already started airing. It was announced to begin on March 22 and the channel has a live stream for all to see so it's disappointing that there is so few people talking or being excited about it. I've uploaded a few short segments of the first episode on YouTube the day it aired.

It's 2 episodes every Saturday at 7 am West Africa Time.

[EDIT: After re-examining the information on the project, I made a mistake in deeming the material against the rules, when it actually is not and have re-inserted the links. Sorry! Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop -TK]

Last edited by F-Man on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
electricpatriot wrote:
Hold on! Is Encouragement of Climb's second season really going to be 26 episodes long!? If so, then good news for me, because I loved the first one and would have loved to see more then.

Yes, 26 episodes long, and the episodes are three times longer than the first season's episodes were, too. That was confirmed back when it was originally announced, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1