• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest X Online Sells 1 Million Copies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
Not to bash on the writer of the article, but the real news here isn't that DQX sold 1 millon copies, it's that it's taken them this long to do it.

This is unprecedented for DQ. Sad
Panoptican

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Not to bash on the writer of the article, but the real news here isn't that DQX sold 1 millon copies, it's that it's taken them this long to do it.

This is unprecedented for DQ. Sad

Well, this is an MMO. No one expected it to sell as many copies as a normal Dragon Quest game. Despite the fact that it is seemingly doing poorly in comparison to a normal DQ game, I bet they see this as a success. Final Fantasy 11 didn't sell nearly as many copies as a regular FF game and only ever had subscriber levels in the hundreds of thousands. Despite this, it's the most profitable Final Fantasy ever.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/24/the-most-profitable-final-fantasy-of-all-time-is
Guile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:11 am Reply with quote
Correct. X's full potential won't be seen until a few years I feel, though it's already made back it's development cost.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1