• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, March 16-22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realise there were 2 AoT spinoff released in English and it still continues to dominate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Detrimont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I didn't realise there were 2 AoT spinoff released in English and it still continues to dominate.

All the spinoffs, data books and novels are being released, which just shows how popular the series is now, since this has never really happened for anything else
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

and AoT: A Choice with no Regrets will be also released in english at the end of june~
(can't wait to see how many sales the first volume gets, in both the japanese and the english release)

-------

anyway

I'll import the latest volumes in summer, for now I'm waiting and saving my money in case I can really get those SnK Gift plushies in May or not

but it's good to see that the spin-offs are also selling well

can't wait to have the Junior High in my hands so I can finally read it~
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
They're going all out with those A o T releases. Smart. They better strike while the iron is hot.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Still not getting this, i mean i love AoT but is this all down to the anime or what? There has been plenty of manga just as good if not better that never got that kind of love.
angieness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Looks like people will buy garbage if it has the words "Attack on Titan" on it. The main series and Junior high spin off are great. Before the Fall is awful.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
angieness wrote:
Looks like people will buy garbage if it has the words "Attack on Titan" on it. The main series and Junior high spin off are great. Before the Fall is awful.

Geez, its only the first volume. People can't try something out without being branded as sheep? Seriously. Also :opinions: I think Before the Fall was pretty promising with the first volume and Junior High looks like garbage to me.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:52 am Reply with quote
AOT is good and all I just find the way the story is going is kinda post season 2 Battlestar Galactica where everyone was turning out to be a Cylon with now 5 different characters being able to become Titans. The first half of the series was much better these last 10-15 chapters have not been that great.
DTJB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Attack on Profits. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1