• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Say "I love you." Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this show when it was on but I also got the feeling that it suffered from cram-everything-into-13-episodes adaptation decay. The part that bugged me the most were Mei's "friends" who basically have their issues for an episode then are conveniently paired off with random boys to get them out of the way - but they can still give Mei advice when she needs it! I assume (and hope) that the manga does a little more with them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
well give recall seeing this series in both sub than later in dub overall it good series to watch.

sure it did remind bit of DEGRASSI to watch on yet dubbing make it more hmm to watch on give french as mei really she starting get more on rise on dubs anime.

also had neves as megumi she got all range voice even since back kotomi days & yea andrew as kai yea somehow get good showing of sorts.

overall series is a watch.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I had read some of the manga and was excited when it started streaming but I got bored with it very quickly. It was just too slow and I got frustrated with Mei very quickly because it seemed like Yamato was having to do all the work. My little monster came out around the same time and it had a similar premise so I just ran with that show instead. I liked the idea of Say I love you but it is just way too generic like the article said it just wasn't very unique when I was reading the summary of it what automatically came to mind was Boys over Flowers and depending what you have read your self when reading it so many other titles could come to mind also.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Rebecca wrote:
Yamato's hair is awful.

Oh god yes. I wanted to get a pair of scissors and get to work on that dead possum on top of his head.

I wouldnt call it a negative at all. For one thing, its kinda the norm for male characters like him in Shojo series. Besides , there are a lot of other series where some male character's hairs ( Shindo from Tokko) are far more worse than Yamato's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
^
I haven't seen Tokko so it is irrelevant to my feelings about Say, "I Love You". Bad is bad, even if something worse exists out there.

And even if such foppish hairstyles are common in shoujo series - which they totally aren't, based on the couple-dozen shoujo shows I've seen - they still are horrible and should be excised. Just because something is the norm doesn't mean it is right.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
I really love this show. A a guy, I fell in love with it. Made me tear up a couple of time due to the problems of some characters, and whatnot. It's amazing for those who haven't seen an Anime in English before who are not into fighting, and are more into the Literature Romance books.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2