• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
D-Fragments (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Fun show. Nothing earth-shattering, but it was dependably amusing. Would watch any upcoming OVAs, sequel seasons, etc.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Pfff that teacher with the crystal skull at the beginning.

I almost skipped out this show, damn glad I sticked with it, the best show of this season (or maybe 2nd best after space dandy, hum hard to say), at least it had actual consistency, not like a bunch of others with some extraordinary crappy middle.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind having Tama-chan on a leash.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

The whole childhood thing was very entertaining. spoiler[Little(er) Roka, timid Chitose, evil Tama and sick sister]. Every set up in this series has a straight man to tell us when something ridiculous is happening. Strangely my favourite part was him being spoiler[called a super masochist] and everyone's reactions, a play on the spoiler[two male masochists]. And we can't forget the whole hair thing which I liked more than I would expect myself. Part of me felt like it was getting a bit Medaka box there. Why did we get a mostly vanilla ED with none of the extra characters, only being different in the lights being turned off? I wanted Tama-chan to be in it, they could have put everyone in it actually. I did think there was good timing in working the OP into the episode, and finishing off before the ED with spoiler[revealing they all got suspended].

As a whole, I was really not enjoying this series at the beginning, I found the jokes to be kind of hit or miss and, with one tone comedy and a bit mean. But as the series went on I started to like it much more when they were able to set jokes up more creatively, and point out their inconsistency. I also have a problem that the male characters almost always felt way less interesting, even when they gave them some stupid trait. Well I would not say that I enjoyed all the female characters either as some felt a little shallow, but there were also some very good characters, Takao being the main one.

The series might have just been one long line of boke and tsukkomi, but when it started to hit it could be very funny. Very Good rating from me, from forgiving how it felt early and I would be happy to watch OVAs such.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
loved every minute of the show. never failed to make me laugh. would love to see more.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
Not one of my favorite comedies, not even of the season {sorry but No Rin had funnier characters, plots and ... games? Contests then} but it was ok, mostly saved by the non (provisional} club members. It's a problem with the source material and not the anime as Takao and Tama become "drop in" club members because they are more interesting than the main characters...

Nothing like a comedy series where you watch the author try to seal the holes of their own sinking vessel. It made it to port but I wouldn't expect any further voyages...

Did the pink hair girl add anything? How many episodes was the teacher gone before viewers found out she was asleep in the teacher's lounge? And she added more to the show there than she did as part of the cast.

And Tama was amazing though it's hard to define "how". I'm pretty sure she was meant to represent certain "people" in the industry who try to remain cute long past they should but I still thought she was cuter than the rest of the cast. Even if she was too tall, her hair too long, her eyes too big and her expression too fixed, a combination of creepy and cute, adult and child? Give her a shoujo series, I'd watch it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
OVA

Wait, the women that spoiler[ditched all the children at fire was Takao's mother]?! Laughing

All it takes is watching the OP to remember the zaniness, I think that I miss this series, there was always a number of gags that really stood out.

Lots of little sister was good, lack of Takao or Tama-chan is sad.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
It would be funny if Inou Battle's cast fight D-Frag's cast in a cross over someday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Finished watching all of D-Frag today. A nice show with all sorts of nonsensical games and the usual high-school bloopers. It's no wonder Kenji remained surprised throughout the entire show. Smile
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Finished watching all of D-Frag today. A nice show with all sorts of nonsensical games and the usual high-school bloopers. It's no wonder Kenji remained surprised throughout the entire show. Smile

You mean Princess Peach don't you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6