• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seven Seas Entertainment - Your One-Stop Thread for 7S Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
In case you hadn't see the news already--

Just stopping by to inform you all of our newest license: the ALICE IN THE COUNTRY OF DIAMONDS: BET ON MY HEART light-novel! We'll be releasing this one-volume story on October 21, 2014 (with an MSRP of $13.99). For more details, you can check out Tumblr post.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Conner Crooks wrote:
Just stopping by to inform you all of our newest license: the ALICE IN THE COUNTRY OF DIAMONDS: BET ON MY HEART light-novel!

It is nice that Seven Seas is willing to take a chance on a light novel again.
I have no interest in this one but I hope that it does well so that you might try some others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Conner Crooks wrote:
Just stopping by to inform you all of our newest license: the ALICE IN THE COUNTRY OF DIAMONDS: BET ON MY HEART light-novel!

It is nice that Seven Seas is willing to take a chance on a light novel again.
I have no interest in this one but I hope that it does well so that you might try some others.

Wait, what was the other light novel?
(the only know I know of is Pita-Ten but that was 7S before their make-over. aggressively sobbing 1 volume short of having it complete but I understand the reason why it was dropped.)

I'll be loosening my purse strings to buy Alice LN. So they've got 1 customer at least. ;D
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 am Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
(the only know I know of is Pita-Ten but that was 7S before their make-over

I do not know what, or when, the "make-over" was so I do not know how relevant these are.

Seven Seas published novels for Strawberry Panic, Wicked City, and Boogiepop.
I seem to remember talk about Kanokon and Zero's Familiar, but I do not think that they were ever published.

I think that there were others but that is all that I can think of right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
They also published two volumes of Ballad of a Shinigami.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
(the only know I know of is Pita-Ten but that was 7S before their make-over

I do not know what, or when, the "make-over" was so I do not know how relevant these are.

Seven Seas published novels for Strawberry Panic, Wicked City, and Boogiepop.
I seem to remember talk about Kanokon and Zero's Familiar, but I do not think that they were ever published.

I think that there were others but that is all that I can think of right now.

Yes, there were others. I remember a fantasy novel about an MC who uses magic bullets, which had no anime adaption. It was on the old Seven Seas site before the license presumably lapsed and they removed it. Ah, that sure does take me back...
adam_omega

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:

Yes, there were others. I remember a fantasy novel about an MC who uses magic bullets, which had no anime adaption. It was on the old Seven Seas site before the license presumably lapsed and they removed it. Ah, that sure does take me back...

That would've been Gun Princess from Madoka Takadono, the author of Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist.
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
New license time!

We're very excited to announce that we'll be releasing the manga-adaptation for Kamiya Yuu & Mashiro Hiiragi's NO GAME NO LIFE, starting October 21, 2014! Check our Tumblr post for more details, or check out the article here on ANN.
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
hey everyone! It's April 1st (20 minutes until April 2 here on the West Coast, so still in time technically!), and we've got the first four releases of April out today:

• Alice in the Country of Clover: Nightmare
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, omnibus 5 (Vol.13-14)
  • Dictatorial Grimoire: Red Riding Hood, Vol.3
  • Strike Witches: Maidens in the Sky, Vol.2

And coming out on April 15:

• A Certain Scientific Railgun, Vol.9
  • Amazing Agent Luna, Vol.10
  • Devils and Realist, Vol.1
  • Love in Hell, Vol.3
  • World War Blue, Vol.5

We actually have quite a few series wrapping up this month, such as the final omnibus of Dance in the Vampire Bund (allowing more readers to get into the "bridge" series, The Memories of Sledgehammer), Dictatorial Grimoire, Strike Witches Maidens in the Sky (which will then see the next SW manga in June with The Sky That Connects Us), and Love in Hell! Lots to read this month, and some big fan-favorites (like the triumphant return of Railgun, or newcomer Devils and Realist)!

For more info and links, check out our Tumblr posts here.
LKK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Thank you, Connor, for updating us on Seven Seas' upcoming releases. I have a suggestion for you for future announcements. As someone who purchases digital releases versus print releases whenever they're available, I would like to know what formats the upcoming releases will be available in. A simple addition such as "Print Only" or "Print & Digital" is all that is minimally necessary although specifying ComiXology would be welcome of course.

This information would be especially useful for series that are debuting such as Devils and Realist. At the moment, I don't know whether to buy the print version when I see it or wait for the digital release that may or may not be coming.

I hope you will consider my suggestion and provide such information in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only buyer who would benefit from knowing what formats your books will be offered in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5