• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond (TV) (All Seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
At least this ED doesn't look like it was farmed out to the producer's niece for her middle school project.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
while this has been a good show from the start, now that they have some actual competition and could possibly loose, this has gotten more interesting. I really like Yang's strategy here.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
And Sawamura's hardly been in it. Smile So can we take it from the new OP/ED and a preview that this is still ongoing for awhile?

Why are all the EDs for this series so hideous?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
according to the shows forum on MAL, its at least 52 episodes. 13 volumes with 4 episodes each
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This is the first sports anime that I don't want the underdog to win.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I gotta admit, that new OP and ED songs are pretty catchy. It's about time the show got a new OP song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
nice, Haruichi gets a chance to shine next week. I don't know why, but every time Masuko grunts, it's highly amusing
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
nice, Haruichi gets a chance to shine next week. I don't know why, but every time Masuko grunts, it's highly amusing

Masuko senpai is adorable! Yes, I am biased. (He's voiced by one of my favorites, Hatano Wataru.)

Today is the Ace of Diamond even and they're having it at Meiji Jingu Stadium! Real excited. Hopefully it doesn't rain. ^^;
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
well that was a surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting spoiler[Yakushi] to win. Though it does make things more interesting
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
It's a real REAL shame that this show isn't getting much attention here. Personally I find it MUCH more entertaining than Yowamushi Pedal which is very over dramatic and basically DBZ on bikes.

Every single game here fills me with adrenaline because of just how great everything is handled. The games go by slowly but I never feel like my time is being wasted. Every pitch has an effect on someone in the show and seeing these players properly come together with their quirky personalities is truly a treat. And it's weird how I always end up feeling bad for the teams that lose because of how likeable every character in the show is. There isn't one person I've come across that I hate and let me tell you that's a RARE occurrence. Feels like every single episode I just gush about how amazing this show is. It might just be the old baseball player in me but this series is a real treat to watch each week. Wink
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you, but due to its slow nature, there's really not much to discuss on a weekly basis
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
But the latest episode was great!

It didn't waste a single minute with the base steals, pitches, plays, or hits. I'm still following the show btw and it's been quite a ride.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 35

They dragged out getting to that first pitch to Raichi so long I was starting to think they were going to leave it till next episode somehow. But I admit I very much enjoyed Sawamura getting schooled by Miyuki. Very Happy Nice to see Furuya enjoying himself too.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
I don't care how long they dragged out their encounter i was so hyped every single panning still framed second! Laughing

If in the future Raichi and Sawamura end up on the same team that would be just bloody awesome Razz

Furuya is just a walking boss at this point. His pitching is on point, his batting is just as outstanding and it's just so awesome to see him silently enjoying himself. Though it makes him look like a dick when unintentionally ignores people lol.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
he's getting better, but he's still kinda boring.

Masuko, Kuramochi and Kominato's lack of faith in Sawamura's ability to catch a pop fly was pretty funny
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 23