• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Singer Natsuko Aso Puts Music Career on Hold

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
Dunno why she can't do both.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Maybe it's what she can feel more comfortable with - not everyone who starts a singing career feels that it will be their life.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Maybe it's what she can feel more comfortable with - not everyone who starts a singing career feels that it will be their life.

You could be right. That's especially true of idols - there's an idol group in every street corner of Japan; yet so few of them ever try to have a music career after "graduating" (though it's likely merely due to lack of talent, which is often masked when part of a large group but easily exposed when on your own).
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

You could be right. That's especially true of idols - there's an idol group in every street corner of Japan; yet so few of them ever try to have a music career after "graduating" (though it's likely merely due to lack of talent, which is often masked when part of a large group but easily exposed when on your own).

It seems that most people who sing for anime have to have additional related work - voice acting, writing lyrics / music, acting in musical theatre, presenting radio shows...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:

It seems that most people who sing for anime have to have additional related work - voice acting, writing lyrics / music, acting in musical theatre, presenting radio shows...

Heh, I think you have it the other way around. Smile
"It seems that most people who voice-act for anime have to have additional related work (since it doesn't pay much and no residuals) - sing (unlike voice-acting, they get money from people buying), writing lyrics / music (they usually don't write their own music; it's usually passed down to them from their talent agency bosses), acting in musical theatre, presenting radio shows..."
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Heh, I think you have it the other way around. Smile

You are probably right in Natsuko Aso's case - I didn't realise that she was a voice actress first (I saw her at Animelo Summer Live 2011).

As to being both a VA and lyricist, how much of Granrodeo's material is written by Kishō Taniyama?

Maybe there's a question for an Answerman column here somewhere?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1