• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Source given as "watching it" for anime that haven't aired yet

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
I've noticed that there are a lot of anime that are scheduled to air later this year, which have age ratings and sometimes genres or themes entered with a source of "watching it". I'm thinking this person is probably guessing at age ratings based on previews, but since they are lying about having seen anime that haven't even been released, I'm worried that they could just be totally making up what they are entering. I think this person should at least be told to stop doing this, and possibly have all the information he/she has added removed if it looks like it isn't accurate.

Here are a bunch of examples of anime that haven't aired yet with the age rating entered with a source of "watching it" (not an exhaustive list):

anime#15764
anime#15853
anime#15721
anime#15763
anime#15800
anime#15801
anime#15828
anime#15773
anime#15803
anime#15790
anime#15807
anime#15797
anime#15701
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
That specific user had been warned multiple times and showed no improvement. His submission privilege has been revoked couple days before your post. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
This is lifting a burden off of me. He has been copying summaries from my articles for a while, and I've had to go around the entire site marking error reports for quite a time now...

Thanks so much for stopping him, dormcat! I really appreciate it.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Not to necropost (and also because I don't want to post a thread that is possibly redundant), but is this the same individual that had been preliminarily denoting the OC rating on anime-yet-to-air, going only by their PVs? I've seen it done with Ping Pong (anime#15852), Nanana's Buried Treasure (anime#15759), and I thought at least another, but unlike the "watching it" source note, they have a "watching the PV" note (it's slightly different, which is why I'm unsure of the relation).

A PV may give you a head's up on what to expect, but they are rarely a true indicator on will actually be shown (From the New World, BLOOD-C, Moyashimon, Code Geass, Gundam SEED, Royal Space Force, Muromi-san, Madoka Magica, to name a few). The user gave "Mild" ratings to the two series above based solely on a few minutes of footage, but I could've done the same with a SEED, Royal Space Force, or Muromi-san and be totally wrong. Ping Pong director's Maasaki Yuusa's work alone would lead me to not pin that anime with that rating automatically. It's a little grating to see this happen, as it feels like one of those "first to the line" sort of actions and can be misleading.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
It was him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1