• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nanana's Buried Treasure (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote

anana's Buried Treasure
Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: ghost

Plot Summary: Disowned by his father, Jugo Yama has run away from home to the island of Nanae. He begins to live by himself, only to discover his room is haunted by the ghost of Nanana Ryugajo. She was murdered ten years ago, and her killer must be found before she can rest in peace. Before her death, Nanana collected things from all over the world and hid them throughout the island. Using the mysterious powers of these hidden items, they should be able to find the culprit. As Jugo begins his hunt for her collection, however, he discovers he's not the only person searching.

Episode 1:
That was fun although I don't think the spoiler[MC was with Nanana giving him a little beating there. Then again, he was kinda asking for it. The OP song was catchy in a way. Still, the theme of Nanana's collection with the theme really caught my attention in terms of this show's execution. Then again, there's also the island...]

I'll look forward to see what else this series will show later. I hope to see that awesome collection at fullest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
This could have some potential.
The story is certainly different and unusual.
spoiler[Yama got himself an interesting, unwanted roommate.]
This anime is starting to grow on me.
It certainly got me interested.
I will be watching this.
Hope it gets even more interesting with every new episode!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
The premise is somewhat similar to Dusk Maiden. A hot female ghost searching for something. I really liked the island's structure. The architecture was beautiful.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
....is that a LIGHT BULB she's wearing? o_o lol

Ah, another pudding-obsessed anime girl. This is something I don't get.
Melon bread?
Sure.
Taiyaki?
Okay.
Donuts?
HELL YES.
Pudding?
Bleh. Has anyone tried this stuff? It's BLAND AS HELL. Like, it really doesn't taste like anything at all! And the texture's kind of gross. It's not anything like pudding in the USA. It's like....slimy....more solid...um....I don't know to describe it. It's not good. lol

The MC's a perv (not something I prefer in male MCs) and Nanana is cute I guess...but the show's not really grabbing me all that much so far. I'm already watching three new anime; about to pick up a fourth...so I may pass this one up.
Leprochaun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
The MC's a perv (not something I prefer in male MCs

Is he a perv or just an average teenage boy? He didn't really seem like a perv to me. At least not in comparison to the protagonists of some of the other shows currently airing. Perhaps our lines of what defines a pervert are too far apart.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I suspect spoiler["fondling some boobs is totally worth a dislocated shoulder"] is beyond the average level of perversion.
Leprochaun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
To me it still feels like it could fall under the average teenage boy though. Arguing opinions doesn't really lead anywhere. Maybe he is a pervert. I'm just not sure I can describe him as such from one episode. Is that not a fair evaluation?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I suspect spoiler["fondling some boobs is totally worth a dislocated shoulder"] is beyond the average level of perversion.

^This. Risking a broken arm is pretty much beyond what any rational person would think to do just to cop a feel for a millisecond. It would be one thing if he refused to give up because of his pride and not wanting to lose to girl or something.....THAT would make sense for a teenage boy..........but this.........just........no.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:

^This. Risking a broken arm is pretty much beyond what any rational person would think to do just to cop a feel for a millisecond. It would be one thing if he refused to give up because of his pride and not wanting to lose to girl or something.....THAT would make sense for a teenage boy..........but this.........just........no.

My sentiments exactly. lol

Also something about that whole scene...

spoiler[He wasn't able to touch her hands but he was able to touch her boobs?]

.........why? Rolling Eyes Ghost breasts have different chemical properties from ghost hands, I suppose?
Come on, anime, don't treat us like morons.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

My sentiments exactly. lol

Also something about that whole scene...

spoiler[He wasn't able to touch her hands but he was able to touch her boobs?]

.........why? Rolling Eyes Ghost breasts have different chemical properties from ghost hands, I suppose?
Come on, anime, don't treat us like morons.

I think it is because she was touching him that he was able to touch it.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
I'll need to watch more of it to get a better handle on the the fan service. The whole spoiler["I'll touch her boob even if it mean a dislocated shoulder"] can be interpreted has him being just a big pervert or him being really super about everything, if it's the second option it could be a fun show to watch.

I'll watch more of it but my expectation are sky high.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

A artificial island city made for students and research. When do the spear toting girls and nuns come in?

Isn't it a little strange to have the series set after the happy adventures? I at least liked the school scene, with the girl, gives me hope as long as it does not become a harem. It is going to become a harem isn't it? Well I still don't think he is too perverted. Who here has not kind of wished they could be in a situation for a little touch? Why so many hands? Still he has nothing on many anime leads.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:

He could have had the bewb and his shoulder by just flipping his hips over his shoulders, allowing his arm to rotate. That hold is not that hard to counter.

And the reason he could touch her is pretty clearly Nanana had to solidify her whole body in order to put a submission hold on him in the first place. His neck and ribs were against the backs of her thighs and his upper arm in her crotch. You can have sex with a lesser level of contact.

Anyway he isn't more than average perf level. He certainly notices girls but he doesn't act obnoxious to them out of habit. It was only after he was provoked that he started thinking naughty thoughts. And he was perfectly polite to the girl who was giving him the tour. Given the fact that he was willing to fight against his dad to the point of getting disowned, he clearly isn't the the type to back down easily regardless.

BTW, did that mean that Nanana won the fight?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
well, she's not spoiler[acting like his girlfriend and is playing MMO's late at night], so I'd say yes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote
I wanna "bury" my "treasure" in that hot chick who runs the apartment complex.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8