• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is the order a rabbit? (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote

Is the order a rabbit?
Is the order a rabbit??

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Plot summary:
Cocoa arrives at the cafe Rabbit House one day, excited for rabbits. She actually all but lives in that cafe. She meets lots of different girls there, including a tiny and cool girl named Chino, a tough and soldier-esque girl named Lize, a spacey and quintessentially Japanese girl named Chiyo, and the ordinary but dignified Sharo.

Episode 1: I think Chino is my favorite so far from the show. She has this presence that stands out despite her soft voice so far imo. Then, there's the cafe itself that stands out with their selection of food products. The OP song was cute too imo.

But overall, cute episode and series.

spoiler[ONEE-CHAN. Oh and I was not expecting Rize to pull out a gun already.]

Last edited by Stark700 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Rize is the combination of Aya from Kiniro and Yukina from Strike the Blood.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Cute girls doing cute things
Yeah I got nothing else, nothing special here, they even have the required Azusan look alike. Enjoyable if you like that and want more of the same. I think the last one I watched was yuru yuri so It's been some time so I'll probably watch it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Moe!!!!

We have Azunyan here too, and the cat thing from Lucky Star. Feels like they are throwing out a bunch moe tropes in copying many things including but not limited to Lucjy Star, K-ON, Girls und Panzer, A Channel and others. But I don't care I love me some moe.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
I adore this show because of the moe, but I'm not so sure it will be a straight up "cute girls doing cute things" deal. How many cgdct shows have spoiler[one girl pull a real gun on another girl?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I adore this show because of the moe, but I'm not so sure it will be a straight up "cute girls doing cute things" deal. How many cgdct shows have spoiler[one girl pull a real gun on another girl?]

..... Kill me Baby?
But they are completely different, it is not like their are any slightly tsundere girls with long yet thin pigtails in Kill me Baby, right?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I do not consider Kill Me Baby to be a cgdct show.

Even though Ninja Girl was completely adorable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't consider it one either, but it was the only thing I could think of, and why I put a question, but I also felt the urge to point out the strange similarities between gun girl and Sonya.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
show looks simple and easily enjoyable, and I like it already. someone really likes to animate nails. Rize's were nicely detailed during the latte art. haven't seen that very often
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I know that part of being cute and suddenly making a food spoiler[idea look horrifying] was in something else, I think it was Acchi Kocchi where they had a spoiler[chocolate cat ooze chocolate blood when sliced in half]. And a lot of the tone has me really thinking about Kin-iro Mosaic, with the amount of cuteness. Chino playing with the other rabbit has to be criminal.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Chino reminds me of a slightly older Renge-chan from Non Non Byori, both in looks and sound. I even checked to see if they share the same seiyuu, but they don't.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote
I'm very much reminded of Kin-iro Mosaic as well. The character design looks almost virtually the same though the animation isn't nearly as polished. Heck even the music sounds very similar though I just found out both shows share the same composer.

I'll probably quietly follow this one as well since one can never have enough moe in their lives Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
This show is so adorable tbh. The rabbits and coffee...as well as the girls' interactions. There's one more character to introduce I think. Coming into this series fresh, I am eagerly waiting to see her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
ep1&2

Well that's bloody adorable. Nothing new or particularly crazy but it does what it does really well. It even had some light fanservice (nice trophy ass there, Rize-chan). Actually thus far I'd probably be watching it for her. I always liked the whole "I'm girlie! Please believe me!" thing.

I too noticed the fingernails. That is really rare.

It's a pretty busy season so I'll likely need to come back to this one. I still have some backlog from the last one (LOL. back"log" = Log Horizon)
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
And another new character is introduced :p

spoiler[I kinda like her tbh. But as regarding the ghost story, I don't think those girls liked it lol.] This show is still really cute. I'm curious to see if the show will have some surprises soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4