• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation July 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:

Wasn't this the issue with other Kadokawa stuff? If my memory is correct didn't they hold back BDs for Is this a Zombie, Strike Witches and Deadman Wonderland, to name a few? I think it was like 2 years after the DVD releases, before we got the BDs.

And when they DID release the BDs, they were Anime Classics or S.A.V.E. editions.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Yay! for the Devil is a Part-Timer! I have been counting the months to buy it pretty much since the middle of May 2013, when I fell in love with the show.

I too hope for a second season. And based on the BD/DVD sales in Japan, I will be very surprised if we do not see a sequel soon.

I dont believe there is enough comic material for a 2nd season
remember, the first anime episode was so rushed it did not even have an opening intro created.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote
no, there's plenty of material. the anime covered 2 of 10 light novel volumes
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

I don't believe there is enough comic material for a 2nd season
remember, the first anime episode was so rushed it did not even have an opening intro created.

The way I remember the episode is that it was done to set up the whole "Other world" feel because if they did start with the "Devil is a Part Timer!" opening, the audience would never appreciate the "devil" part.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
TRSI links updated on the first post. No changes from what was posted before on Amazon CA.

EDIT on 4/16. Senran Kagura and The Devil is a Part-Timer! are longer listed @ TRSI (and listed at FUNimation Shop either).
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Dfens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Actually Strike Witches Season 1 was a first a DVD only then a year latter was a release DVD only then 1 year latter came out as a regular edition Blu-Ray only set then a year and a half after that went to the SAVE Edition DVD/Blu-Ray.

Season 2 was first a DVD/Blu-Ray Combo LE than a year and a half latter went to the SAVE line DVD/Blu-Ray combo.

But it's a shame the Index Railgun series are DVD only, which is no surprise. I bought Season 1 of Index and it looked ok but I refuse to buy anymore of the show or Railgun which I have put off for a long time now until they get or if they get a Blu-Ray release.

Recently got burned on Kore Wa Zombie Desuka season 1 and will sell my season 2 LE DVD set and wait for the Blu-Rays.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Amazon UK has the Eva 3.33 movie listed for August 25, 2014

I would hope the US release came out first
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Here is the link for what mangaUK posted. AmazonUK also shows same release date. Since they are delayed because of Funi it makes me think that they might be using Funimation's dub. The date is still not a guarantee since it could be pushed back again.

On the RightStuf page it says Coming Soon, Date to be Determined. Between what MangaUK said and this it makes me think that there's a chance for a release anywhere from July to September from Funi. But there are no guarantees. I'm just crossing my fingers and hope they don't wait longer and do a Xmas release or even later.

I'm also waiting for the final volumes of Hellsing Ultimate. Now that is starting to irritate me, because we haven't heard a peep from them on that score. It makes me feel like I put out money for the BDs for nothing.

This is why teasing is bad. It can make people cranky.
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
I'm also waiting for the final volumes of Hellsing Ultimate. Now that is starting to irritate me, because we haven't heard a peep from them on that score. It makes me feel like I put out money for the BDs for nothing.

Funi will get it, that I have no doubt of.

Though, I have a blu-ray box which won't fit the next volume.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
FLEABttn wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

Funi will get it, that I have no doubt of.

Though, I have a blu-ray box which won't fit the next volume.

If they are decent human beings at all, they will do another artbox for episodes 9 & 10 with the bluray in one case and the dvd in the other. That way we'd have two nice sets!

Or they could do a new box that would hold the whole series, but that would mean tossing aside the box that came with vol 5-8 Sad .
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

Wasn't this the issue with other Kadokawa stuff? If my memory is correct didn't they hold back BDs for Is this a Zombie, Strike Witches and Deadman Wonderland, to name a few? I think it was like 2 years after the DVD releases, before we got the BDs.

And when they DID release the BDs, they were Anime Classics or S.A.V.E. editions.

Yeah, I'll finally be picking up Is this a Zombie (and Deadman Wonderland) now that it's coming out on BD, but I'd prefer an LE with a nice box. Maybe whenever they put out the second season on BD they can put an LE out that has room for both seasons Smile

I hope The Devil is a Part Timer gets relisted before the next Funi sale. I really enjoyed that series and would love to pick it up.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess they confirmed Devil is a part timer is still coming out in july
I wonder why the listings were removed
WTK

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
^ Yep and also Senran Kagura.

2 more releases added back to July (via FUNimation Online Shop)
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Ben-to may have been moved to early NOV
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3