• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjGreekhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I have it on my to DO list! Worth watching? (hope not so stupid question)
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
ep.14

spoiler[raku's dad telling him & chitoge about fiancee coming in give would be prob is not to messed with issues.

next day new transfer say hello to fiancee aka tachibana yea want raku even make sure she the police commish's daughter so yea raku trying avoid whole cops vs gang fights.

give tachibana "plans" to get raku give got chitoge jealous then lead to have date with rest of team harem trying snoop on raku & tachibana.

during with lead tachibana got her own key for raku as long dump chitoge give said no way yet chitoge listen it yet got jealous attack on raku.

then raku notice tachibana's bag did snoop quiet hear on tachibana give ask why he ok with chitoge give got good reasons.

then ask why tachibana want raku give total WHAM saying to change accent even cause raku go like wait is that you marie? ]
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Also, Chitoge, PLEASE don't turn into Akane Tendou. I beg you. Once is forgivable but PLEASE don't punch Raku every time Marie throws herself on him.

You do realize Raku was on top of her, right? I thought her reaction was reasonable if rash. Anyway, it's a little late for Chitoge to reign in her temper around the guy and he kind of likes her for her fiery honesty so she probably shouldn't change.

I'd ask if Marie knew Chitoge and Onodera when they were kids {she definitely knew about them, those "long hair" girls} but seeing how so many people are familiar with the source material, I'd get a direct answer I wouldn't want to know.

Oh yeah, one's a daughter of a cop {commissioner in this case} and the other's a daughter of a Yakuza ... wait... no, My Bride is a Mermaid is still on my shelf. I was wondering if it slinked off somewhere to moonlight as a less comedic comedy.

There's one thing in Nisekoi's favor: It doesn't have mermaids? Even as I wrote that, I thought the fantasy element was more of a "plus". And now that I really look at it, this guy stuck all the female characters from Bride into a blender and just hit puree, didn't he?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
HNNNNRRGGG!!!

Best. Girl. Damn, Raku, how do you manage to resist? Laughing

Had to laugh at the Evangelion references too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, spoiler[Marika's father]....

He is definitely NOT a man to mess with after watching episode 15. I'm dead serious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
ep.15

spoiler[raku going ask are you marie give marika said yes give recall 10yrs ago when raku visit her during hospital & good times had mention types girls raku like.

so make marika go all ways be the girl for raku & manage get a kiss on him then next day yea 3 girls for raku to pick give chitoge & marika quite ready "battle" harem route with onodera in the middle.

then marika ask raku go visit her place & yea say hello to marika's dad give got scar from raku's dad even mention he want put raku's dad in jail.

yet give as long marika is happy then is fine sure give talks of dating & etc then alone time with raku & marika's dad give "worry" seem all fine.

& give marika go like ways be any girl type of raku then he said be as you are cue her going bit shy & chitoge got so "hmm" she like had 10 drinks already on all happening. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

I guess she makes a good case for herself by actually doing something.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
The things I got from episode 15: Interesting trees and nice bikini.

The problem? It is episode 15. Shouldn't this stuff have been set up around at least episode 5?

And at the rate she's going, Onodera will end up third place in her own life. Aside from being a nice nonentity, what does Raku actually see in her? At least Kaede from Nyankoi was goofily weird but this girl is a wet blanket in a female form.

I must have missed Raku's "You knew me ten years ago but we've both changed. So let's start as friends" speech and Marika's denial of it; Otherwise, it makes this whole plot of unintended intendeds look pretty silly. And by silly, I mean stupid.

And he goes to see her father. Ok, I don't see this as an improvement because the whole thing's really going downhill {as opposed to slightly downhill?} because of that new girl.

Quote:
I guess she makes a good case for herself by actually doing something.

She's denying his feelings through sheer domination and the rest of the cast is so passive that her inclusion is tearing the premise apart. {Her actions should only have two reactions: A yes with an engagement or a no, followed by a restraining order. Raku's answer of "I'm not doing anything, it's all her" doesn't work}

Marika's presence is making Raku realize that what he feels now has nothing to do with the him of ten years ago, good. But they all still have keys, which they're all still are focused on. Since this is based off a manga, I'd say it seems to be an argument between a writer and an editor:

"We have to stick to the premise."
"But we have to move past it, get from the False love to the real stuff!"
"But readers will care about the keys."
"You mean I have to come up with more locks?"

And so on.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
She's denying his feelings through sheer domination and the rest of the cast is so passive that her inclusion is tearing the premise apart.

Except she's not? She acknowledges that he loves some one else, but that's not going to stop her from trying to steal him away. And because of that the more passive individuals might decide to step up their game.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
Oh Marie, I am supposed to hate pushy, clingy girls like you but you keep making me LOL and you are also too cute....so it's just not possible. Chitoge, do you need some bread to go with your JELLY? Laughing And I was right. This show is classier than your average harem.

*approves of spoiler[new OP*]

LET'S PLAY DRESS-UP!!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when the anime-only character is going to show up. There is only 5 episodes left.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
She's denying his feelings through sheer domination and the rest of the cast is so passive that her inclusion is tearing the premise apart.

Except she's not? She acknowledges that he loves some one else, but that's not going to stop her from trying to steal him away. And because of that the more passive individuals might decide to step up their game.

Is she going to steal him away before or after the engagement gets confirmed? She's not budging on that; It's not just unreasonable, it's a little crazy.

If it was a different kind of show, she could be saying that she'll be the wife and whomever can be the mistress and given all their families, it's probably normal. Would explain how all their dads are a little on the grizzled side.

But ok, let's look at it as if she's trying to get Raku as her boyfriend. No, can't do that because that would mean they'd have to start as friends and her overbearing attitude ruins that. Right, her only goal is getting Raku to agree that they are promised to be married {that's taking it as far back as possible but she didn't bring him in to meet her father just to get a promise of a promise}.

You do know that in some places, such as Japan, you can get married skipping the whole "dating/love/courtship" thing, right?

She's not trying to steal him, she's claiming they're already a promised couple. She and her father are right, this has nothing to do with Raku having a girlfriend and the fact that the girl he likes isn't that girl just gives Marie's future wedding plans more credence because, hey, you don't have to love her either.

Just marry her.

You'd have more of a case if her desired condition was "her feelings returned". But her personality is so stunted, I can't even tell if she loves Raku or if she's in love with the idea of getting married.

Nice character, really brings the show to a tipping point. Now get rid of her.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Nice character, really brings the show to a tipping point. Now get rid of her.

Really horrible idea. Hey, everybody has their likes and dislikes when it comes to characters. It's easy to blithely say, "get rid of character X" if you personally don't care for that character.

I love Marie. Why? Because she is the ONLY character in the whole damn show who is willing to go after what she wants. Everyone else is just too clueless or chicken to make a grab for the brass ring (er, or key, I guess). That makes Marie a very welcome counterpoint to all these other spineless tools as far as I'm concerned.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I love Marie. Why? Because she is the ONLY character in the whole damn show who is willing to go after what she wants. Everyone else is just too clueless or chicken to make a grab for the brass ring (er, or key, I guess). That makes Marie a very welcome counterpoint to all these other spineless tools as far as I'm concerned.

That's how I feel too. The show needs her badly. Onodera remains a shrinking violet....Tsugumi would choose death over confessing, but Chitoge might actually get her act together with Marie around.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
You'd have more of a case if her desired condition was "her feelings returned". But her personality is so stunted, I can't even tell if she loves Raku or if she's in love with the idea of getting married.

That's exactly the condition. Neither Marika nor her father are going to hold Raku to that engagement if he doesn't want it. Marika is just confident that she'll be able to win him over.

And obviously she's in love with Raku. She liked him even before her father suggested getting them engaged. Her being willing to modify her personality solely to fit Raku's tastes is going a bit too far, but his comments about thinking she's fine either way is sure to put that in check.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 24