• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 3]: Stardust Crusaders (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:36 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
The show twitter said the actual ED will debut next week.

Dio or Black Sabbath please.

Cool, I hope whatever song they picked will be as fitting as Roundabout was. They used that song perfectly in the previous season.

Hopefully this two minute recap won't be a permanent thing either.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
At this point I'm still in favor of the OVA. This one is more FAITHFUL, but that doesn't necessarily make it better. Still, I expect a whole bunch of creative fights at the least
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
*shrugs* I prefer the 90s version. Just more to the point. But I guess if you want to see the manga filler animated, then this show might be better in your eyes.
Yeah the pace seems they will drag Season 3 through 26 eps.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
HAHA!!! Watching JoJo on TV right now and the ending theme is spoiler[Walk Like An Egyptian]. XDDDD So perfect. And yes, it's the original sung by spoiler[The Bangles].

The reason why the ED wasn't shown until ep 3 was due to spoilers.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:
Ah that does make sense since they named spoiler[the Stands at the end with the tarot cards. There's more to come with Stardust Crusaders though!]

Anyways, great episode. Poor spoiler[Holy] though. That bastard spoiler[Dio] will pay...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Kakyoin gets to join Jotaro's side.]
Now that spoiler[he got saved], it's pretty much a done deal.
Jotaro's mom is a total airhead *facepalm*
Who knew she'd get to have a spoiler[Stand] too.
Did not expect that.
spoiler[Holly and her dad] sure have a weird relationship.
At least now they're motivated to find spoiler[Dio] quickly.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Love the ED! Very fitting. But man, they are telling a slow story. The first series seemed to move much more quickly.
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Love the ED! Very fitting. But man, they are telling a slow story. The first series seemed to move much more quickly.

Which is really weird considering that 6 BD releases were listed today,meaning that Stardust Crusaders will have 24 episodes.Again,that is really weird since the manga of part 3 has more volumes than part 1 and part 2 and they are adapting material very slowly.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Which is really weird considering that 6 BD releases were listed today,meaning that Stardust Crusaders will have 24 episodes.Again,that is really weird since the manga of part 3 has more volumes than part 1 and part 2 and they are adapting material very slowly.

Unless they plan on doing 2 seasons.
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait until they get to part 7 and do the American cross country horse race to find the body parts of Jesus Christ arc.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Unless they plan on doing 2 seasons.

Considering the slow pace so far I think that's pretty likely, unless they're going to skip a lot of the fights. Hope that doesn't happen.

Walk like an Egyptian was unexpected, but a good choice. Still not as good as Roundabout though, can't beat that intro.

As a side note, I find it kinda hilarious that Jotaro's dad is so completely inconsequential that they don't even mention him beyond the first episode (in fact Araki has never even drawn him). You'd think that Jotaro would at least bother calling him and telling him what happened. "Yo Dad, Mom is really sick, so me, my crazy Grandpa and our friends are going to Egypt to battle an immortal bodystealing vampire with our awesome psychic powers. There's dinner in the fridge. See ya!"
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Crazy grandpa and his grandson go on insane adventures.

Great, now I'm connecting JoJo to Rick and Morty. Love both, so it's all good. And yeah, I can picture Jotaro's dad coming home, wondering just what the hell happened.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 am Reply with quote
Just noticed a pretty funny goof in the ED: Avdol has two right arms Laughing
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
On one hand the pace is kind of slow. On the other hand it's still so dramatic. Woosh~ BAM!~~

Also, it is explaining a lot more than the old one did, and Joseph is getting to really shine a lot better. Well, "shine" is pretty subjective. But rather, I felt the old one didn't portray him fully.

When the ending song played I actually paused to check my file. So unexpected. Man I love that song though. So many memories of it.
誤称

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote
So, Holly spoiler[can't control her Stand] cause she's a weak, motherly woman who'd rather cook and clean than fight? Sexist much?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10