• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo Metropolian Police Fight Fraud With Vocaloid Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clawfinger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I might be the only person to even click the link but I'm more interested in the fraud that they are fighting then some song.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
clawfinger wrote:
I might be the only person to even click the link but I'm more interested in the fraud that they are fighting then some song.

It's mainly about the "it's me" fraud. Aimed at old people, someone calls to their house saying "(mom/ dad) it's me! I am in a trouble, I need money!", and they hurry the old man/woman to sending some funds via money order.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
clawfinger wrote:

It's mainly about the "it's me" fraud. Aimed at old people, someone calls to their house saying "(mom/ dad) it's me! I am in a trouble, I need money!", and they hurry the old man/woman to sending some funds via money order.

My grandma got a call like that once. Apparently I was arrested in South America on drug charges.

Thank goodness she was level headed enough to call me first.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
kgw wrote:

My grandma got a call like that once. Apparently I was arrested in South America on drug charges.

Thank goodness she was level headed enough to call me first.

The infamous "Ore Ore" scam. Usually people create a secret code to say only when a family member really needs help.
Seiru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmm I've heard of that scam what a low thing to do.Well hopefully this will help the people who hear the song to talk to their parents or grandparents about the issue.

Also on the same note,this song is pretty nice to listen to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1