• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter x Hunter Animation Director Shows Off 18,000 Frames

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
If anyone ever thought doing an anime was easy, this just proved them wrong. Gotta respect and appreciate such work.
Panoptican

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Hunter X Hunter is a beast of an anime. I've never seen such a consistently well animated long running anime before. Especially since it's been airing nearly every week for almost 3 years. It's an amazing feat that all the animators should be incredibly proud of.
paperbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
yes, one of the best long-run animations indeed. when others may fail, HxH could do it. though this does not apply to all anime series out there, since there are other well animated anime in the market. (this is only my opinion on this. cool frames).
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Panoptican wrote:
Hunter X Hunter is a beast....

I fully agree with this, and I am yet to see one single episode of the anime. My current re-read of the manga has reminded me how a vastly talented creator can take the most tired clichés of a genre (brutal power-ups, quirky minibosses, nigh-omnipotent genocidal maniacs) and rearrange them to craft a surprisingly layered, well-told version of an old story. In a better world, other manga-ka would've taken heed of what Yoshihiro Togashi built pretty much on his own.

It is a BIG deal that now all of the manga is legally available in English. How fortunate we are.
gsilver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I think that you had better put a NSFW tag on that link. The content is fine, but the ads... Not so much.

//very glad that I didn't load that on my office internet connection.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I saw this and began following his twitter a few days ago. Its always nice to see artist like this draw the characters in such a fantastic way when the original creator barely frikkin does himself.

Yeah Togashi is talented but I'm not going to kiss his feet.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
I am really really too naive that I thought its kinda hard to draw/animate but to this extent?! No wonder why Madhouse studio has always produce such an epic, beastly animation. For example...uhh..let's say did anyone watched a recent episode?
PussyEATER33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Its always nice to see artist like this draw the characters in such a fantastic way when the original creator barely frikkin does himself.

like he said he's talented BUT TOO MUCH HIATSU.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1