• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying singers, songs and background music.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Update to mine, Tony K was able to help me privately. Thanks Tony.
notundercovercop327

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 pm Reply with quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wLhVCXoZiE&list=PL5af2iEjDCbSVlpOTeN7GU4L7mqfH0q9g&index=7

This is a clip from the Gameshow Takeshi's Castle, Does anyone know what the BGM playing in the background is? If you're the first to identify it you'll win a prize.
Mike Dao

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
JonnyRobbie wrote:
It's the song at 8:14 mark of Episode 6 of White Album 2 and the same song is around 6 min mark on episode 8. Do you know, what song it is? Itried searching through OSTs, but I couldn't find anything.

That is "Stars Fall Like Snow" in White Album 2 OST CD2

Btw, does anyone know this song' name?:
https://soundcloud.com/suzukawa-white/goo
The instrument is piano only, and the hook repeats the word "goo" many times. Thanks in advance!
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:01 am Reply with quote
Mike Dao wrote:
Btw, does anyone know this song' name?:
https://soundcloud.com/suzukawa-white/goo
The instrument is piano only, and the hook repeats the word "goo" many times. Thanks in advance!

That is 'Gū' written by actor-musician Hoshino Gen.
The version you posted is the cover version by Shiho (piano & vocal).

omiya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
theAnonymousAsian wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NxtsvcPcBY

(This isn't my video, nor is it my friend's.)

My friend sent me a link to this the other day, but neither of us knows the first song's title. Please help me identify it?

Thanks!

I know that it's not much help, but it isn't from the Black Cat OST.
Mike Dao

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:24 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
That is 'Gū' written by actor-musician Hoshino Gen.
The version you posted is the cover version by Shiho (piano & vocal).

Thank you, hyojodoji. Much appreciate!
Lotosophageous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
This has been driving me crazy for more than a year. There's a piece of background music (I'm thinking string quartet) that plays in the background ep 12 when Wataru is talking to Chikage, it appears again in later episodes as a sort of secondary "theme" for Chikage. It haunts me and I'd love an identity, but I can't find jack-shitake.

I suspect it's a stand-alone piece used for a couple of reasons:
- 1. I have checked several soundtrack cds, and it's absent, weird that it would be neglected when the soundtrack includes what seems to be every other bit of background music from the show
- 2. Following on from #1, it's worth noting that there are at least TWO other "classical" pieces used in the series soundtrack - NEITHER of which seem to be credited at all. Like.. anywhere. These are the ever-loved-by-Japanese-animation-studios Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No.1 (ep 1,8, maybe another I forget)) and the first movement of Summer in Vivaldi's 4 Seasons (ep 8). I stress again, these aren't credited anywhere, they certainly aren't in any music cds!
- 3 Well beyond that it just sounds, ah.. different to the rest of the music. The other background music is more muzack- program-music at nearest.

So my theory is it's an existing string quartet.. something early 20th century. F***ed if I know though. I listened to a string quartet by some Swedish dude called Stanhammar the other night that seemed pretty similar... I have nothing guys.

Anyone amazingly cluey out there who can put me out of my misery?
shizzmynizz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
shizzmynizz wrote:

Well I can tell you it's from Hajime no Ippo and not from the 1st series. Unfortunately, I hated the music for the 2nd series, New Challenger, so I will not bother trying to track down the OST to help you. But from the sound of it, I think this may actually be from the 3rd series, Rising, 'cause it sounds better than New Challenger. So use this information to go look for it.
Shehab

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Hi every one

I REALLY NEED the name of the music that was playing in episode 10 of the anime yosuga no sora

I mean the music that started at the 19:10 mark... or the music that started when Haru saw Sora masturbating when she said: Haru I Love you!!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! I couldn't find it anywhere I even tried all the anime's related music that I could find on Youtube
Dafteur

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey all! i'm asking for a little help on identifying a music, it's on the begining of this video. i search the first music who is played from 0:00 to 1:08 i tried everythings to find it but i can't find it, (I LITTERALLY TRIED EVERYTHINGS: edit the sound to shazam it, beg the video poster, i treid all!) all i know from some user, it is an anime music.
Thanks in advance for your help i really need it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd82r9dHIHU
warrencarlson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
The amine music is one of my favourite music.anyone knows the song at the end of episode 17. Very Happy
SEO Agra

Last edited by warrencarlson on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
^
Episode 17 of What?Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DOS4dinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Hello. Does anybody know what anime this cel is from? (Since it's cel-based, it's from the 80s or 90s). 'twas in a lot with some others. Looks cool...just wish I knew what it was Smile

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/9820/18xg.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Embedding the image did not seem to work; probably I'm too level. Deeply sorry if any forum rules were broken Sad
MarcWinter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
How about in Ep. 11 of HaganaiNEXT? When Sena confesses her love to Kodaka, there are two piano pieces that play. The first one plays as she unknowingly rambles about her feelings. It's upbeat and happy. The second happens after she realizes that she was talking out loud and is slower, almost melancholic. I'm looking for the first one, the happy one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 33