• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Psycho-pass limited artbox (question)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Just got mine in today. They never shipped mine to me with the first run and had to wait until Right Stuf got their new stock in.

Happy to say mine is completely perfect. No problems at all. Everything fits in well and isnt in too tight or too loose. Overall pretty pleased.

One thing I do have to say about these Funimation special editions that are more expensive, I'd have to say I'm not overly impressed. Honestly, the stuff you get I dont think is super worth it. The sound track is nice for Psycho Pass but I dont really care for the other stuff. I'd rather have an artbook like the Lain and Guilty Crown sets. Sure, I'll still get them because I support these kinds of releases, but I would rather have sound tracks or artbooks instead of little nick knacks.
truanifan678

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I know this is a fairly older topic, but has anybody heard or had any luck with Funimation in regards to bad replacement boxes?

I don't know why, but my replacement box is even more crooked than the initial box which wasn't pretty to begin with. Not to mention the tight fit even when rearranging the things inside.

I tried sending an email to the address mentioned on the facebook page mentioned here, but haven't heard anything. I don't know how long to wait before worrying. Also saw the set had a counter on RightStuf which worries me a bit.

Are there any updates out there? Any suggestions?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Nope, I haven't heard back

and from what I get, no one has

And something tells me, I doubt we will, and when we do, it'll be as a press/news alert thing
truanifan678

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Geh. Kind of gives me that feeling that they just superficially put that out there without any intention of doing anything only as a means to quell frustrated consumers.

Which if that's the case then I'm really thinking twice about that Attack on Titan LE they have listed. I don't want another Psycho-Pass type issue from Funimation... These things are major purchases for me since I have a very tight budget.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
What people have found strange was

Funimation has been doing these artbox releases for a while now, so they don't understand why the Psycho-pass box turned out so bad
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
anyone else get a reply back from Funimation today? This is what it said...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue, and for your patience as we have worked with our partners to find a solution.

Due to an error, the original case included for the PSYCHO-PASS soundtrack discs does not fit properly into the replacement box.

Please email us back with your mailing address and we will provide you with a replacement case for the soundtrack. Your existing discs and wraps will fit into this case.

Thank you again for your patience!

....I don't think it's just the soundtrack case...yes, that case is taller, but they made the box barely large enough to hold everything. They don't slide in smoothly at all, no wiggle space for the cases
truanifan678

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I haven't received a reply, but I'm baffled. I'm not sure how differently things will fit with simply a replacement soundtrack case… Especially since that still won't address the problem I have with my replacement box seeing as my replacement box leans at a pretty obvious angle.

At least there's been some movement on this from Funimation?

I've also seen some rather unflattering mistakes that's really making me worry about Funimation recently.

For example, an anime classics blu–ray slip over a dvd case.
[url]http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?28019-Heaven–s–Lost–Property–Season–1–Collection–(Blu–ray–DVD–Combo)-(Anime-Classics)&p=240510&viewfull=1#post240510[/url]

I wonder if some people got moved around at Funimation or if they're trying to cut back on how much money they put into these releases. I'm still holding off on the Attack on Titan because I don't want another Psycho–Pass repeat. This is saddening.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
So...no one else got a reply back?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
So, got those replacement cases in today

As expected, it didn't help at all...in fact, the newer case is a bit taller them the original case for the OST

You know, for a "Premium" set...it sure doesn't feel like it

At least they gave me a stupid paper cut out of the gun from the show...but that doesn't help the fact my art box for a set that retails for $150 is too damn short
FUNimationHelp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
If you are still having issues with the Premium Edition box for Psycho-Pass, please email [email protected]. We do have a replacement program in place and we would be more than happy to assist you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2