• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Bullet (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
It's more of a matter of "there's no harm in it, why get worked up about it?"
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
No Vaisaga, that is observably untrue. All I did was mention offhand that it was off-putting and undermined the character. At which point Sunny milk jumped in to tell me I was stupid for feeling that way and that there was nothing wrong with it. To try and revise that into me getting "worked up" and him telling me not to is absurd and disingenuous.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
I am with Blood- in regards to the villain, too strong and generic.
MC first attacks, no effect. MC and all initiators attack at once, no effect.
So later, MC attacks again, by himself expecting a different outcome? Why, because he is angrier this time and it will give him powers? I can't deal with the stupid.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
I actually find the villain pretty entertaining. Mostly because he's evil Kiritsugu.

And there is value in continued attacks, because the best way to understand an opponent's ability is to see it in action. Then you can find and exploit any weaknesses.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I actually find the villain pretty entertaining.

that's why I like him and his daughter as well
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Good that I am not the only one who found him entertaining, I was starting to feel lonely after I made the comment earlier.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Years ago I started a thread here titled "Leaps Of Logic That Annoy Me."

Black Bullet could fill the thread all by itself.

* First of all it is hard to imagine how a sub-region of Tokyo can be the last outpost of humanity and sustain a style of living exactly like Tokyo 2014. OK so they made food scarce but where you don't get a single city that will be able to build its own infrastructure, buildings, cars, roads, weapons, etc etc.

* In what system does it make sense that independent contractors have authority over police because they have vital skills and capabilities to fight an existential threat but they are completely unsupported by the public and have to beg for pay or starve?

* For some bizarre reason you want to keep those magic bullets out of the hands of the police. Just for the sake of argument say there is some such reason. What reason could there be for a seasoned, senior street officer trained to recognize "infections" but not even know about the special bullets?

* Um, can't the bad Galeta things go around those big metal monoliths? Hard to imagine a more permeable barrier.

* She doesn't recognize her advisor's granddaughter?

Logic aside enough mustache twirling from that bad guy. And is he a bad guy? Nobody seems too upset that he just slaughtered nearly all the civil officer teams in one go.

Somehow I want to see what happens next. Precocious lolis don't bother me as much as some others here.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Really, the main reason why I don't like how Enju is blatantly trying to have sex with our MC is because it is so obviously a ploy by the writing to set up an excuse for fantasizing about that very thing. It is one of these things that the writers do because something is taboo and they are trying to figure out a way to make it not taboo, so they play with us a bit by saying "Look, it's okay because SHE wants to have sex with him! See, that's not bad!" Like I said, it's not that she's a loli which offends me in any particular way. I have seen enough lolis in anime these days getting into all kinds of situations that that is pretty much par for the course (is that bad? to be so jaded?), but I think it's more the way the writers seem to clearly have an agenda about sexualizing the relationship and justifying it at the same time. It feels stupid and forced in a way that is not on the "up and up."
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
You are wrong, because this title won't play out like that, it's not lolicon at all,spoiler[ and Enju won't end up with Rentarou.
Kisara will win.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Idk why but this episode felt a bit rushed. Still, I feel liked spoiler[Enju is treated wrong by the other kids just because of who she is. She did protect the school after all and yet Enju is still being ostracized. I almost thought Rentaro would of died there though when he got shot like that.]

On a more comedic side, jealous Enju spotted.

There's also some technical stuff going on in the episode relating to the stages of the spoiler[Gastrea. I'm interested in seeing that Stage 5 tbh]. Still, they need to deal with Kagetane first because he's been causing nothing but trouble so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 3:

Idk why but this episode felt a bit rushed. Still, I feel liked spoiler[Enju is treated wrong by the other kids just because of who she is. She did protect the school after all and yet Enju is still being ostracized. I almost thought Rentaro would of died there though when he got shot like that.]

On a more comedic side, jealous Enju spotted.

There's also some technical stuff going on in the episode relating to the stages of the spoiler[Gastrea. I'm interested in seeing that Stage 5 tbh]. Still, they need to deal with Kagetane first because he's been causing nothing but trouble so far.

I have to agree. I've been really enjoying BB so far but this episode felt out of place. It seemed like it should of been later on in the series, around episode 10/12.

I'm looking forward to seeing a spoiler[Stage 5] Gastrea. That spoiler[Hammerhead Shark/ Ostrich crossbreed] was a nasty piece of work. I can't see them disposing of spoiler[Kagetane] just yet, he's just too deliciously evil and entertaining.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
New info about the Cursed children was interesting.
It was also rather sad..
spoiler[Enju] was going through a tough time.
spoiler[It seemed unfair how her previous friends treated her.
She totally used the next fight to release her anger and frustration.
That masked guy crashed the party again.
He and his "daughter" sure can pick a moment to mess things up.
Kayo isn't as lucky to have a great partner like Rentaro.]

The plot is slowly moving forward.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I have to agree. I've been really enjoying BB so far but this episode felt out of place. It seemed like it should of been later on in the series, around episode 10/12.

That's the inherent problem with light novel adaptations. Each novel is its own self contained narrative with a beginning, middle, and end that could fill at least half a season by itself. But each is then compressed into four or so episodes so they have to rush to complete a checklist of important scenes.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Ep3 -

This was a little better. I rolled by eyes as our villain once again shows he's completely invincible and even approaching him is raw foolishness but the rest of the episode was good. I especially liked the action and monster designs. The bit with spoiler[Kayo] was nice too. Although one scene there is going to fuel a load of screenshot captions.

Oh, spider gastrea. It would suck to be that thing. spoiler[Just flyin along thinking your spider web wingsuit was pure genius and then suddenly a loli comes out of nowhere and kicks your brains out through your face]. Enju believing in her justice after spoiler[destroying the thing] was fairly moving. And as an added bonus spoiler[no more giant creepy spider]. I freakin hate spiders.

The helicopter boarding scene was kind of amusing for some reason. Actually, I noticed just now there's a fun bit with the right and left front-most pairs. The loli on the right is holding her partner's arm possessively and blushing while the loli across from her is looking annoyed. There's a story there. LOL

To be honest, I'd also enjoy it if spoiler[Rentarou actually died and we followed the story of Enju (aged up is optional) carrying on. I don't mind Rentarou but I just think this would've also been a valid story option. I half thought it was going to happen because of his speech to her beforehand. Flags and all that jazz.]

For added fun, a friend of mine who just tanked some eps of this said "It's like if Gunslinger Girl were made as a regular shounen show instead of an action drama." LOL
spoony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this show doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And no matter how much anime I watch, I will NEVER not be bothered by sexualized little girls. But as long as it's just jokes and Rentarou keeps evading them, I guess I can deal with it. I think the big brother/little sister sort of relationship between Rentarou and Enju has potential, so I wish they'd drop the loli crap and focus on that.

I actually kind of like the villain. He's not complex, true, but he's creepy with that mask and the way he kind of slides around like rubber.

Considering humanity almost went extinct, it isn't hard to believe people would discriminate against something with the DNA of what killed them. The argument that they aren't really human is the same as what was used to justify slavery in the U.S.

What I want to know is why they are all girls. When the virus infected the pregnant women, did it change some of the babies' genders? What's the point of that? (Besides loli. It's got to be for loli, right?)

HaruhiToy wrote:
* Um, can't the bad Galeta things go around those big metal monoliths? Hard to imagine a more permeable barrier.

I got the feeling the Cursed Children were doing something to it, when they were all standing around by it staring into the distance. Like making an electric fence with their minds or something?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12