• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Image-loading problems in the forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
I've just noticed this this morning. The images are loading strangely in the forums.

*On the main page of the forums, the "new posts in this forum"/'no new posts in this forum" images are loading, but the box they're in is stretched out massively. I have no skins turned on (because skins hate my 3DS), and the box they're in is as wide as the ANN logo. This has remained constant every time I've loaded the main page, with the only change being if the images load or not.

*In individual forums, the "new posts"/"no new posts", the "go to last post", and the "new topic" buttons may or may not show up.

*On the Post New Topic page (that I'm typing on), I'm not getting the ANN logo at the top (but I am seeing the USA&Canada box, as well as the twitter and facebook buttons). This is the only non-forum-specific image I'm having problems with. Also on this page the emoticons are not showing up.

*The same as above is happening on individual threads. No "post reply" button or the ANN link, or avatars.

Other than the first one it seems to be random if it hits or not, and refreshing seems to fix it, except for the main page.

I'm on the fast server.

[edit]Dunno if this is related to the overall problem, but here's the problem with the wide box on the main forums, this code is located right after the image for Personal sales. Since it's breaking the page there, I don't even see the Personal Sales forum.
Code:
"templates/subSilver/images/folder_new_big.gif" alt="New posts">style="display:none;visibility:hidden;" data-cfsrc="http://cdn02.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/icon_latest_reply.gif" border="0" alt="View latest post" title="View latest post">
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
Glad I'm not alone. Same problem here, images are not loading, when I got to private message, the little gif for inbox, outbox, sent, and savebox doesn't load quickly. Whatever Dessa described, I can verified and back up on it. What's going on, ANN???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
Same problem here.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
I am having similar problems: none of the buttons or avatars - essentially, anything involving an icon - will appear in forums and pics will not appear in articles or Encyclopedia entries. (They do in banners and the front page, but that's it.) I am also getting this problem in the Admin sections, too.

Curiously, I am having all of these problems with Firefox 28.0 (the most recent version) but NOT with IE 9.0 (what I'm using to type this post). Don't have Google Chrome, but perhaps someone who does have it could comment?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I am having similar problems: none of the buttons or avatars - essentially, anything involving an icon - will appear in forums and pics will not appear in articles or Encyclopedia entries. (They do in banners and the front page, but that's it.) I am also getting this problem in the Admin sections, too.

Curiously, I am having all of these problems with Firefox 28.0 (the most recent version) but NOT with IE 9.0 (what I'm using to type this post). Don't have Google Chrome, but perhaps someone who does have it could comment?

Oh wow, that's very problematic, I hope Dan42 or Tempest can get to the bottom of this, because this is getting a bit annoying for people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
There's a problem with images in the encyclopedia also - I was trying to figure out why all the "+"s and "i"s had got to when they suddenly turned up late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
There's a problem with images in the encyclopedia also - I was trying to figure out why all the "+"s and "i"s had got to when they suddenly turned up late.

Yeah same problem for me when I went to Encyclopedia, glad to know I'm not alone.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

I am having the problem with Firefox, Chrome, and Opera using Windows 7.

What is really bizarre is that I am having the same problems in the My Anime List forums.
Maybe it is a phpBB problem.

EDIT: I just noticed that the ANN logo is also missing. It should be at the top of each page to the left of the search box. It is also the link to the front page.
It is visible in IE, but not the other browsers.

Thanks for mentioning IE. I did not think of trying that.

Last edited by Touma on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

What is really bizarre is that I am having the same problems in the My Anime List forums.
Maybe it is a phpBB problem.

Yeah, Tempest told me via PM (regading another matter, not related to this problem) that the phpBB this thing ANN is running is an old version, so maybe there's bug in this one, but I'm not a computer science nerd, so I wouldn't know or not sure if that could be the problem.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
If it was a phpBB problem it wouldn't be affecting other parts of the site, so it is more likely a problem with ANN's CDN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
If it was a phpBB problem it wouldn't be affecting other parts of the site, so it is more likely a problem with ANN's CDN.

Yeah that does make sense. But I hope this can get fixed ASAP, this is getting annoying.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Key, I just tested ANN on my Internet Explorer (mine is IE 11 and the latest), it doesn't seem to have any issue, but on Google Chrome (which I used permanently), images, gifs, and buttons goes missing, this isn't the case for Internet Explorer so looks like I can back up what Key said how ANN seem to run with no problem on Internet Explorer, but others like Google Chrome, Opera, and Firefox seem to show problem.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue with the following:
Windows 7 - Firefox 25, Safari 5.1.7
Mac OSX - Firefox 27, Safari 5.1.10

I do not have the issue when using:
Windows 7 - IE 9

<Edit>
Updated as Safari was working for a bit and then started showing same issues as FF.

Last edited by One-Eye on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
I'm having the same issue with the following:
Windows 7 - Firefox 25
Mac OSX - Firefox 27

I do not have the issue when using:
Windows 7 - IE 9, Safari 5.1.7
Mac OSX - Safari 5.1.10

So looks like anyone with Google Chrome (which I used a lot of time and most of what I said about the issue was based on), Firefox, Opera are facing problem. Safari doesn't have any problem, that's good to know.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I take that back. Now that I've logged in and out and back I'm having the issue in Safari as well on both OSX and Win7. I'll edit my above post.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4