• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Suggestion List.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
Obviously, this would be something for Encyclopedia vers. 2.0, but I was browsing my first posts, and I noticed a thread regarding spoilers in the cast lists, and Dan mentioned the possibility of a spoiler tag-type thing for the encyclopedia, so I just wanted to bring this up again as a suggestion.
FoxgloveLove

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Recently, I've come across the term "iyashikei" in describing anime, which are also termed "healing anime"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Iyashikei

I thought this would be a good term to add to themes of these shows, since while I have not been aware of the term, I am definitely a fan of many anime which have been classified iyashikei for that specific reason (like, being aware of something before you knew what it was). While I followed this list on the link above, I've only added it to shows which I myself have watched and believe fit in with this categorization.

The main reason for this post, however, is I had a question concerning demographic labels. That is, while I was looking through shows that were iyashikei, I thought adding 'seinen' as a theme would be good as well, since adding themes allows you to organize them easily into a list. However, when I tried to add it, it came up with the message that 'seinen' was a demographic and not a theme.

While I agree with this division in terminology, it does not seem that there is any other way to categorize anime or manga by demographic. Is there any way to change this, either by allowing people to add demographics to the list of themes or adding a demographic label separately to encyclopedia entries? That's all, thanks
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quote
So, an idea I just had, but is there any way down by the news and review and such links, we can get links to the discussion threads for series? There's a directory, but it would be nice if people could go from an encyclopedia page to the discussion thread.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I've tried searching all through this thread and haven't seen any mention of being able to add the composer / lyricist of OP/ED/INS songs. Could this be added as extra optional details?

Also, where is the correct place to note the absence of someone who has composed soundtracks for numerous anime, e.g.
Kou Otani:

http://www.imagine-music.co.jp/artist/otani/
rekuperator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:29 am Reply with quote
Hmm... Right. That's can be usefull
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
So, a situation just came up in the Retail forum, where someone wanted to know about a release they'd purchased, where the advertised-on-the-back special features weren't on the disc. The release in question is the 3rd solo release of the Pokemon Heroes movie, the first by Lionsgate. I tried doing research into the 3 versions, but, considering that the release pages (and all of shopping pages) don't have the backs of the releases posted, there wasn't much I could actually do other than make guesses.

My suggestion, therefore, is to allow for user-submissions of the back covers of releases as well, not just the front cover. This would especially be useful for rereleased material, so you can compare any added or removed special features (assuming that they don't just reprint the packaging without changes).
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
I've tried searching all through this thread and haven't seen any mention of being able to add the composer / lyricist of OP/ED/INS songs. Could this be added as extra optional details?

Also, where is the correct place to note the absence of someone who has composed soundtracks for numerous anime, e.g.
Kou Otani:

http://www.imagine-music.co.jp/artist/otani/

Composers
Lyricists

That information is pretty standard stuff, you can just add it like any other thing.
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:40 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:

Composers
Lyricists

That information is pretty standard stuff, you can just add it like any other thing.

Thanks, I was meaning adding information to an anime, so when you look up an anime you could find not only the names of the OP/ED/INS songs and who performed them but also who composed the music and wrote the lyrics. Is that included in what you said?
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Most titles have "theme song arrangement", "theme song composition", "theme song lyrics", etc.
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Most titles have "theme song arrangement", "theme song composition", "theme song lyrics", etc.

OK, but that can get confusing if there are multiple songs in a given anime with different composers and lyricists.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Dessa wrote:

OK, but that can get confusing if there are multiple songs in a given anime with different composers and lyricists.

That's what precisions are for. "Theme Song Composition: [name] (OP1)", etc.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
Request: A way to deprecate information formally (ideally with a couple of click), without having to add a precision; i.e. when a license expires or a property changes hands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Considering how many of the titles on Chibi's post have already started coming out, it might be good to have un-verified licenses split into two lists. That way, anything with releases can be prioritized, and likely are easier to be matched with product shipping.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I've done a search on "song" for every page in this thread, after looking at the ANN Encyclopedia for Ristorante Paradiso and found that Lisa Komine's entry for ED song didn't have her name as a link to her ANN Encyclopedia entry, but was a link *way* down in the staff list.

Shouldn't the OP/ED/INS performer's name be a link to their ANN Encyclopedia entry under the song listing and not just under "staff"?
AggressiveNewt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry I posted in the wrong place before but in the ann feedback i suggested to put english dub filter for the genre search. It would help me out greatly. Thanks for the awesome website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 21