• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku to Open For Lady Gaga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Anybody hoping for a duet?

Between Miku and Luka, yes.

Otherwise, no.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
WRT autotuning and computers, well someone still has to do the work. The notes don't magically appear out of nowhere ya know. Actually regardless of singing Lady Gaga is pretty good pianist and composer.
gwdone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I just can't see me missing 初音ミク anymore. Missed the L.A. show, but saw the stream from nico nico live as it went down. And of course own the DVD. I don't care who she's opening for. I'll be there for one act only. Hopefully no sabotaging from Goo Goo out of jealousy.

Miku/ Rin/ Luka/ Gumi/ - they can leave Len at home for this one Smile
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

Otherwise, no.

Only if they do this gem
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
This is too cool. I want to see Miku live.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

Otherwise, no.

Dude, we get it. You don't like Gaga. Why don't you let the fans of both enjoy the news instead of squatting all over it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Samo2222

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Simply more publicity for the singer. Too bad for her fans that she's running out of ridiculous ideas. She should focus on her music rather than her next outfit. But hey, it's good news for whoever wants to see the concert.
ajr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of astonished at the negativity, myself. Gaga's not that terrible from what I can tell, no more so than any other pop music superstar at least, and since I listen to loads of electronic music anyway, I don't see why this set of heavily distorted samples is any morally worse than another. I remember my 60-year old aunts talking about which Gaga tracks a few years ago; it's cool to think that maybe some folks like them will become more interested in Vocaloid because of this.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
Gaga is a great singer/composer/pianist. I really like her.

The commentators stating that she relies on autotune are making a generalization.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
This seemed a lot more interesting before I noticed the nearest concert was two-and-a-half states away.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Y'know they gonna make 3D projection of Lady Gaga with her, right? Smile

Japanese already make 3D life-size Gaga dolls:

http://gagadoll.jp/

BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
I don't really know why I'm surprised by this news. Lady Gaga's concept has always been to be a little bit out there and push boundaries in the Western music scene. I personally think Miku is a perfect choice as an opener, since Miku's concept is unique in it's very nature, and is very theatrical as well. But I don't know how a lot of the audience who have had no exposure to J-pop will react to her, but that remains to been seen, I guess.

Personally, I don't listen to Lady Gaga at all, but I do respect what she stands for in creating a community of hope and love for her fans, and there are several other musicians that have my utmost respect for doing the same. And if you look past her overly-sexualized and commercial lyrics, she really is a talented musician.

And who knows, this could pave the way for more Asian artists to break into the Western music scene. Australian's Asian music scene has exploded since the K-Pop festival in Sydney in 2011, perhaps American could see a similar trend.

Anyway, I hope that those who have bought tickets enjoy Miku and Crayon Pop, from one very jealous Australian.
Tiggyz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
johnndergrosse wrote:
This upsets me, because I feel like Gaga is using Miku as a sideshow to drum up publicity.

It could be worse. Miku could be the opening act for a Beiber or a One Direction concert
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Tiggyz wrote:
johnndergrosse wrote:
This upsets me, because I feel like Gaga is using Miku as a sideshow to drum up publicity.

It could be worse. Miku could be the opening act for a Beiber or a One Direction concert

Quite true.

Don't see why all the hate. See nothing wrong with Gaga having Miku as an opening act. Think it is an honor for Miku to have Gaga pick her for an opening act. Good for us anime viewers too.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I got good news, it looks like Miku Hatsune is getting some attention from Fuse TV. I forgot to mention Billboard has given Miku some spotlight. So looks like Miku is getting mainstream attention in the USA. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5