• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Francesca: Girls Be Ambitious Anime's 2nd Promo Previews Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
Idk why but that theme song is kinda catchy~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
Well I already know that the animation is terrible. Looks like somebody's shitty flash cartoon.

Still, as shows like Rocky and Bullwinkle have proven, terrible animation can be saved with great writing, so I'll just wait until more info is available to reserve judgement

Still, admittedly, the fact that it mostly appears to be whoring out Hokkaido doesn't give me too much home. At least Girls und Panzer was subtle about its promotion of Oarai, and the high energy tank action and great writing allowed for it to not matter as much in the grand scheme of things, not to mention that Oarai was beaten rather horribly by the 2011 tsunami and deserved the attention, while Hokkaido only got minor coastal damage as far as I know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:16 am Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Well I already know that the animation is terrible. Looks like somebody's shitty flash cartoon.

Still, as shows like Rocky and Bullwinkle have proven, terrible animation can be saved with great writing, so I'll just wait until more info is available to reserve judgement

Still, admittedly, the fact that it mostly appears to be whoring out Hokkaido doesn't give me too much home. At least Girls und Panzer was subtle about its promotion of Oarai, and the high energy tank action and great writing allowed for it to not matter as much in the grand scheme of things, not to mention that Oarai was beaten rather horribly by the 2011 tsunami and deserved the attention, while Hokkaido only got minor coastal damage as far as I know.

Just my view as an anime fan:
This is obviously a very low-budget anime, so they can't do much more. The fact that they got Hiroki Takahashi is amazing.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
Budget aside, the most curious thing is that they have Francesca postered everywhere, but after a quick look, it's obvious this is female oriented.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Not sure why there is no picture of Yui Makino associated with this story:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1