• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Adding odd names

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBongo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
So, one of the minor characters in Date A Live is played by a person who goes by the stage name Gorgeous. He(?) is credited in the episode as ゴー☆ジャス but I can't figure out how to enter that as the Kanji given name (I keep getting unacceptable format errors). Removing the star doesn't seem to help.

Is there a trick to this that I'm missing? Is adding odd names like this an editor-only function?

(The entry was added as #127648.)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
CBongo wrote:

Is there a trick to this that I'm missing? Is adding odd names like this an editor-only function?

No, it got changed at some point to where non-kanji characters (this includes Roman letters mixed in with kanji) can't be entered as a kanji name. I believe Dan is the only one who can add those names with special circumstances, as he did with Touka Takei's given name.

Anyway, since his Japanese name is included in the Blog link, the entry will still turn up in a site search of his Japanese name.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
However, with the star removed it should go through - and it does.
Did you replace the star with a space or something?

Also, direct link: Gorgeous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1