• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Genius Party Hosts Open Video Contest on MySpace

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap you get to have your video included on the DVD? Now how cool is that, and what a great way at free advertisement for your work. Anyone here planning on entering this contest? That would be cool if someone here did win.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Anyone here planning on entering this contest?

You'd think she'll miss this invaluable opportunity? Wink

What? You have no idea whom I'm talking about? Laughing

Last edited by dormcat on Fri May 11, 2007 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

Yeah I know and I assume were both talking about the same person....and it's reason why I put that little squib I figured she's already working on her project. Very Happy
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

Yeah I know and I assume were both talking about the same person....and it's reason why I put that little squib I figured she's already working on her project. Very Happy

^^;;;;

I already have a finished piece I can enter, actually. It's already enjoyed some moderate festival and prize success. I just need to find someone who can translate the script into Japanese so I can add subtitles (which I assume will be required). Time to call in some favors from my old Japanese college buddies.

Who the hell cares if I win? I'll proudly get to say that Masaaki Yuasa watched my film. It might help out my 4°C job application 10 years from now. Wink

Now that I think about it, I should get my fiance to enter, too. His stuff is way more experimental than mine and will likely appeal to the 4°C directors' sensibilities.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I so thought of you right away!! What an exciting opportunity! Anime hyper I'm so excited for you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Cloe: I think they mostly care about your animation style, not what you're saying. Just give them a script. Oh, and make sure your music is your own, or at least cleared for any possible dvd.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quote
I think we all thought about Cloe when this post went up. Having visited your website a few times has convinced me of your talent.

The second person that came to mind was Jadress. I've yet to see anything animated from her, but her still image archives are really quite good. It's nice to see Jadress still is around since she seems to have been fairly quiet so far this year.
CGord

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Oh, and make sure your music is your own, or at least cleared for any possible dvd.

If I can help anyone by supplying some music, let me know.

Some of my music on myspace.com

More to choose from at soundclick.com
Iconoclast

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Cloe: good luck :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MetalHeavyMetal

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quote
Oh man why did I have to drop out of my media design and production class oh well if someone from this board wins please let us know..
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I think they mostly care about your animation style, not what you're saying. Just give them a script.

Umm.. what?
MidnightDemon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
GATSU wrote:
I think they mostly care about your animation style, not what you're saying. Just give them a script.

Umm.. what?

Object of opening 1. The creators who aim toward participating with image genre, offer the place where easily the work is announced. 2. The コミュニーケーション place which can appreciate the variety rich image work is offered. 3. Interest to image expression is urged, activation of image culture is assured. About the participation work The participation work, with the work whose originality is high, does not question expression method such as photograph taken on the spot and animation, but it limits to those where copyright is processed. Upload possible size is up to 100 M. Application qualification You do not question professional アマ ・ age nationality. Also application in enterprise & the group is possible. Examination of prize Supervision prize...... it is elected from each supervision of Genius Party. * Depending upon the contents of the work, with special prize in case of the る it is. The prize-winner and the prize-winning work prize-winning work to be wide release are done generally with the release of Genius Party, by the next various medium opportunities. * The prize-winner and the official WEB sight which introduces the prize-winning work * the press release of Genius Party * at Genius Party DVD recording & screening in various events of Genius Party Examination As for examination, the judge whom Next Genius Executive Committee appoints examines. At the Genius Party page with respect to the 2007 July 7th my space we announce contents of examination, concerning the result. Furthermore, as for awarding ceremony and the like, the prize-winner you communicate individually. About copyright Concerning copyright, please consider to the following point. * The work is limited the thing, and the use material where the applicant has possessed copyright (includes sound) as a general rule, those where the applicant has possessed copyright, respectively. * The case of application at the group and enterprise, copyright limits is the property of the representative. * When the material of copyright free is used, please follow to the use code of each material. * When the ready-made character and scenario and music are used, please obtain the use permission of the original author who beforehand possesses copyright on responsibility of the applicant. When by any chance, you insisted infringement of rights and compensation for damage from the third party, Executive Committee is unable to owe responsibility altogether. * Copyright of the application work is the property of the applicant. However, when the particular work is used for widely known activity and the like concerning the prize-winning work, as for Executive Committee, can use this gratuitously and freely vis-a-vis the applicant. In addition, in regard to DVD recording which has been stated in prize-winner benefit, the prize-winner at gratuitousness offers the particular work, abandons all right. As for the applicant, this condition in regard to acceptance, please participate beforehand. The above-mentioned condition, when publicity right of the prize-winning work (televising charge and right of publication etc.) and secondary copyright (adaptation right) it moves to the third party even, acceptance continuation it is done. Therefore, as for the prize-winner the prize-winning work transfer when the く it loans, please do young in the third party conclude the contract which includes the contract item of this effect with the third party in the responsibility of the prize-winner regardless of compensatory gratuitous difference.

^bablefish translation
and they mean to really push creativity
in style and story ect. and can be practically anything
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Oh, and make sure your music is your own, or at least cleared for any possible dvd.

It is. I wouldn't have been able to participate in film festivals, otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit late, but really wish ya luck Cloe. Quite a cool opportunity for anyone.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for reviving this, but I thought I'd let y'all know my film is on the Genius Party page now. I'm No. 57. Anime smile

My friend Victor also submitted; his film is No. 55. I'm impressed with the general quality of the work submitted; there are some really interesting films here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2