• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kotono Mitsuishi Leads New Sailor Moon Crystal Anime Cast

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
Excellent, this is getting me hyped up now with Mitsuishi Kotono reprising her original role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crystal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
Oh hey look, ALL of the supporting actors were born in the 80s. Why is being young a requirement for being a voice actor in Japan? So annoying . . .

I think I was hoping to hear more experienced voice actors in a lead role. I feel like that doesn't happen as much as it does in cartoons.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:38 am Reply with quote
It's great to know Kotono will be Usagi again.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Oh hey look, ALL of the supporting actors were born in the 80s. Why is being young a requirement for being a voice actor in Japan? So annoying . . .

I think I was hoping to hear more experienced voice actors in a lead role. I feel like that doesn't happen as much as it does in cartoons.

I was born in the 80's i'm no kid anymore. I understand where you are coming from, but all the new supporting VAs are fairly established, with a number of roles. I am surprised to see so few returning, but one wonders how many are retired or out of the industry now.

Noting that Ami's VA had a roll in one of the precures if i remember right, and Makoto's voiced the mother of Mikoto in index/railgun, which makes the call to have Mikoto's vice Rei rather odd, from that look.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
BTW, there appears to be an official air date of July 5th, now.
Morning Blue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
Well, Kotono Mitsuishi, Aya Hisakawa, and Yasuhiro Takato (Artemis) were also in their early 20's when they started. And they did very well in the series.

As for the voice cast itself; super glad to hear Kotono is back as Usagi. The only one I'm not keen on is Hisako Kanemoto as Ami - I'm worried they'll "moe" her up, considering how Kanemoto voices mostly shy/tiny/super cute girls. I'm sure she'll do okay, but Aya Hisakawa was far and beyond my favorite actress in the original series, and she was JUST IN a show for Toei last winter. It's sad that she'll be missing.

Ami Koshimizu as Makoto is my favorite of the bunch announced. I'm really looking forward to hearing her voice Makoto.

I was disappointed they didn't reveal who Luna and Artemis will be voiced by, though. Or Mamoru. Or Queen Beryl. Or the generals.

Last edited by Morning Blue on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total
ZackDeMars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:45 am Reply with quote
I was shocked when I saw that the cast was change except Koto-chan as SM but why ? Hisakawa still acting and her voice still the same, the same for Shinohara !

It's a big fraud, i'm so critic coz this show is so special for me and it's like it's not Sailor Moon anymore LOL

The first 5 seiyuu had such a cohesion and bound together, well I still have my original sailor moon serie to cope . . .

Besides that, the new design shown is AWFUL not the same than the first promo picture ! It looks cheap !!

Big disappointment for me even though I love Rina Satou
SnowMusket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
Crystal wrote:

I was born in the 80's i'm no kid anymore. I understand where you are coming from, but all the new supporting VAs are fairly established, with a number of roles. I am surprised to see so few returning, but one wonders how many are retired or out of the industry now.

Noting that Ami's VA had a roll in one of the precures if i remember right, and Makoto's voiced the mother of Mikoto in index/railgun, which makes the call to have Mikoto's vice Rei rather odd, from that look.

Everyone but Mars has been in Precure

Moon - Hummy
Mercury - Cure Peace
Jupiter - Cure Melody
Venus - older sister of Cure Marine
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
That's a great cast. I guess Usagi's shrill voice is too iconic to properly replace. As for calling Shizuka Ito and Ami Koshimizu inexperienced... what? They're already veterans, have been for several years. Kanameto's proven herself in a lot of great roles as well over the past few years.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
Was never really into Sailor Moon but seeing that Kotono Mitsuishi is reprising her iconic role is surly something pleseant to see being a fan of the old school shows and seiyuu. At least the creator followed Saint Seiya Omega's style of returning the most important seiyuu that defined the franchise and replaced the others.

Speaking of Seiya, I wonder if Tohru Furuya will feature in the new Sailor Moon ?
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
I know that Sailor Mars's original voice actress retired so I knew she'd be getting a new one, what I'm surprised about though is the original voice actors for Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus aren't voicing them. With Mitsuishi Kotono reprising her role I thought the others would as well. I'm gonna miss Hiskawa Aya as Mercury. Crying or Very sad
Togame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
2 episodes a month...
Morning Blue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
2 episodes a month...

THIS angered me more than any voice cast-related thing that happened tonight. Even after a year of delays, they're only airing the show twice a month.

Weak.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quote
Regarding Kotono Mitsuishi returning as Sailor Moon... I'm a bit concerned, as I'm really wondering if she can pull it off. I've heard her do the character in brief stints and she... just couldn't quite do it again. It sounded really forced.

Given they went through with casting her in the end, I can only hope she is able to pull it off. Maybe, for all we know, she might even do a slightly different take on the character.

In regards to Luna and Artemis, I suspect they might keep them (though Keiko Han will probably be replaced as Beryl). However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a sort of "passing of the torch" thing with Luna and have her daughter voice her. Still, I guess we won't know for certain until the production team announces additional cast members.

Last edited by ChibiGoku on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quote
This is just my opinion as a long-time Sailor Moon fan...
I think everyone sounds great on the cast, except Kanemoto. She's too cutesy for the role.

But I had excepted to throw myself off a bridge if the original cast didn't return! But with Koshimizu and Satou and Itou, I think it's got something going for it.

Here's to all the best in the future.

Here's what Mitsuishi said during the stream: (took notes, so note format)

- She thinks that there are some people that are worried about the new cast
- This is because the fans loved the work. They loved the characters. she is the same way
- She says she won't put a lid on her feelings (about the anime) and throw them away, but she will take them with her into the new work
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14