• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Necroposting.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Revised my "How's this?" posting to quote mdo7 and to attribute definition to egoist.

Thanks for adding my rule in it, I think it'll help a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
Pretty good. We'll consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Is it maybe worth mentioning somewhere as well that if you necrobump an old thread, there's a very high likelihood that most of the people who posted in it haven't visited the forum for years, so it's pointless replying to them.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I've edited my "How's this?" posting to quote st_owly.

By the way.....
Spastic Minnow wrote:
No one has inflicted necropost rules on the Polls section, yet, so you can continue your thoughts there and get a general idea...

Average age of ANN users.

Is this correct?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
If no one has any further comments, then I'll just go ahead and amend my OP.

EDIT: Have edited my OP.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
If we're going to stick with a 12 month shelf life, (which I agree with- we should have a reasonable amount of time to revive a recently forgotten thread)-
Anime characters that should be in jail. should have been allowed to stay open.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 am Reply with quote
Oh, I completely forgot 12 months was the new standard.

I kept thinking it was 6 Anime smallmouth...

Unlocked.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Hi there! Just wanted to make sure about the whole necroposting thing...I was checking out the polls forum and I thought it would be fun to post my opinions in some of them, and some of them have the last postings as around October/November of last year. Judging by the posts made by Tony K. and nbahn, it would be okay to post in those?

Your help is most appreciated, thanks!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai--
  1. Welcome to the fora!
  2. Within the 1 year mark in the Polls forum? I don't see a problem with posting to a thread such as that.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if there have been postings as recently as October, Wandering Samurai, then you're fine to post comments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
uh, I have a question. I want to leave my thought/comment on this poll thread on Code Geass Holy Britannian Empire Metaphor. But the problem is the last post was on Sept 2012. So is there a rule regarding necropost a poll?? Are they exempt from necroposting rule or do I have to create another poll (which wouldn't make a lot of sense to me) very much like this and put my thought/input on there?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Considering there are so few poll threads in general, I would personally say go ahead and bump it. It wouldn't make much sense to create a new one when you can just as easily find the original on the very next page, as opposed to the Anime forum where older topics can be dozens to hundreds of pages towards the back.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Considering there are so few poll threads in general, I would personally say go ahead and bump it. It wouldn't make much sense to create a new one when you can just as easily find the original on the very next page, as opposed to the Anime forum where older topics can be dozens to hundreds of pages towards the back.

Thanks for a quick response Tony. Just don't lock it behind me. Razz Laughing
No-name

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I wish to state my opinion on this rule. I think it's (1) stupid, (2) very time consuming, (3) very difficult to understand what the rule is and is not. I think that this rule shouldn't be implemented due to the fact that some people like myself areggoing to be behind the times a little and maybe reading that thread after it's been there in a dormit like state for a few months. They may decide to post something that they have an opinion about only to turn around and get smacked in the face by this rule basically. I apologize if I have offended any one but understand this that I was recently in the navy so I'm going to be even more thick headed than I would be before I served. Thanks for reading my post on this. Oh and by the my signature is real since it is basically the same as my username so please leave the way I sign alone cause this is my first day as a member and I'm already getting problems.

NN

Last edited by No-name on Sun May 04, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
It's not really an "offense." All I did was simply point out to you that necroposting is, in fact, something we advise against doing on the site (of which the reasoning you can read all about through this thread).

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11