• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Alice Love Fables: Toy Box GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynxikat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Lord Rebecca, were you just given a large box of endless manga to read, cause you've been churning out a lot of reviews lately! It may sound like I'm complaining, I'm not, I love more reviews!

But with the amount of reviews you've been churning out lately, I have this mental image of you being locked in a room with the ANN gods shouting "YOU MUST READ MOAR MANGA!"
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm really not enjoying the additions of Crimson Empire on any of the Alice books. It's not that I probably wouldn't enjoy the series (I haven't actually gotten around to reading it yet), but I'm buying and collecting the Alice series, not Crimson Empire. I rather have a shorter volume that's just the Alice series instead of getting 3/4 the book with the series I'm interested in and the other 1/4 I may not even enjoy or understand.

While I'd love to get a "complete" collection of all the Alice series, I do think I may end up skipping this one, since it seems like half of the book is dedicated to the other series and not Alice. Likely I'd read it once and have it sit on the shelf instead of being re-read over and over again.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
Laughing I'm just a big reader with a book-a-day habit - I just noticed that I've developed a callus on the base of my left thumb from holding books. (I'm actually kind of proud of that...which my mom thinks is weird. Smile ) I also wrote these reviews over a longer period of time than it looks like; they've just all gone up at once.

I agree, the addition of Crimson Empire stories add nothing to the Alice volumes, and I wasn't a fan of the series' own manga, so they're just annoyances to me, which is partly why March Hare was one of my favorites in the series: it was JUST the main story, all the way through! The first of the two announced Nightmare manga looks like it has more CE in it, unfortunately.

But yeah, unless you desperately want to read an Alice/Peter or an Alice/Gray story, you can skip this book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1