• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sailor Moon Crystal Cast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:45 am Reply with quote
Hi,
Wanted to add the Sailor Moon Crystal cast, but I'm guessing it's locked, because even the drop-down menu does not allow me to add.

Cast is as follows:
Kotono Mitsuishi > Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
Hisako Kanemoto > Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
Rina Satou > Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
Ami Koshimizu > Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
Shizuka Itou > Minako Aino/Sailor Venus

Can a higher editor be a proxy for me and add it for me? Thanks!

Source: Watched the official stream, and animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-27/kotono-mitsuishi-leads-sailor-moon-crystal-cast
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote
Came to comment on the same thing. Appears cast is locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:30 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Came to comment on the same thing. Appears cast is locked.

Who will get to the cast list first? It's a race to the finish! Very Happy
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
LOL, I was coming in here to say that, too, since I'd noticed that the roles weren't on their actress pages when I went to see what else they'd done.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
I entered the confirmed cast so far, but relocked in case any other encyclopedia editors want to keep that in place to prevent further unconfirmed information. With the first cast reveal out and the airing not too far away, I think it should probably be unlocked.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
There were cases of Wikipedia and other anime forums quoting ANN as the source of incorrect information (casts of remakes in particular), then turned out it was some overzealous fans who assumed the same voice actors would reprise respective roles.

As this Sailor Moon remake being highly anticipated, I had to lock up the submission to ensure such thing never happen. It would harm the credibility of the website significantly if blogs and tweets quote the Encyclopedia for the new cast then turn out to be incorrect.

EmperorBrandon wrote:
With the first cast reveal out and the airing not too far away, I think it should probably be unlocked.

I concur; unlocked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
There were cases of Wikipedia and other anime forums quoting ANN as the source of incorrect information (casts of remakes in particular), then turned out it was some overzealous fans who assumed the same voice actors would reprise respective roles.

As this Sailor Moon remake being highly anticipated, I had to lock up the submission to ensure such thing never happen. It would harm the credibility of the website significantly if blogs and tweets quote the Encyclopedia for the new cast then turn out to be incorrect.

EmperorBrandon wrote:
With the first cast reveal out and the airing not too far away, I think it should probably be unlocked.

I concur; unlocked.

I didn't get to add it myself, but thank you! Yeah, even in the other parts such as the trivia and summaries and pictures, people were adding some pretty stupid stuff out of anticipation...
Olyvia Saylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote
I love Sailor Moon, I collected some figures and now I handed it over to my 7 years old son. Yup I'm a mum but still addicted to anime Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1