• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Misspelled name

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H-Dizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote

I`ve been working in the anime industry for the last 10 months and have been credited a few times as ヘンリー・サロウ. Someone made an encyclopedia page for me (Which I`m thankful for) but misspelled my name. I can understand why they would get it wrong, given the Katana used to credit me, but my name isn`t Henry Salow, it`s "Henry Thurlow"

I`ve recently started working at Studio Pierrot and will likely be credited a lot more from here on out, so I thought I would try to correct this page earlier instead of later.

Thanks.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Direct link
Mr. Thurlow's Youtube
His website It's all flash, so I hope it isn't region locked for some reason for dormcat and Shiro Hane.

Edit: Additional livedoor credits include:
In-between for Walkure Romanz eps 3 and 6 link (I could have sworn I added all the animation credits for this show, but I apparently did not do In-between)
In-between for Tokyo Ravens ep 12 link
In-between for Naruto Shippuden ep 580 link
(First two with Nakamura Productions, last with Pierrot)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I can't correct names directly (only Dan can), but since there is only one credit it would have been easier in the short term to just create a new entry for Henry Thurlow and move that one credit over. We can still do that if Mr Thurlow wants to remove re-enter the information he has added for himself thus far.

Salow is a real name so there could be a Henry Salow out there so merging isn't a good idea.

(wouldn't サーロウ have been closer?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
H-Dizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Making a new entry, or changing the old one... either way is fine with me. I`d rather this incorrect "sallow" one go away though, so maybe just changing this original would be better.

As for サロウ vs サーロウ vs サーロー vs サーロウ ... it was a tough choice. The fact is, none of them correctly get the "TH" beginning, so I had to settle with something sub-accurate no matter what I chose. When I came to Japan originally a few years ago I spoke with people about that, and settled on サロウ since it forces people to say it quickly instead of obnoxiously holding the "Sa" at the beginning. (I could imagine being in the doctors office "サーーーロウさん。サアアアアアアアアーーロウさん")

Eventually I`ll start getting credited in English, which will make things easier. Until then though, ヘンリー・サロウ it is.
H-Dizzle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
If removing the Henry Sallow page is impossible, then making a new "Henry Thurlow" would be fine.

I think the best case scenario would be to have a "Henry Thurlow" entry which stated in it "often credited as ヘンリー・サロウ"

Once that page is up, I`ll make sure the right episodes are credited.

Will someone who moderates the page make that new Entry, or should I do it personally?
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
You are actually able to add everything yourself. You could even enter the katakana into the kanji given and family name fields and then in the future if somebody tries to credit you that way, it'll go to the right page.

I'd just post here when you were done so an Editor could hide all the info on the Sallow page.
H-Dizzle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice! I made a new entry with the correct information: person#127807

A couple comments/questions though:

- I accidentally chose "English version" for Tokyo ravens instead of just leaving it as the original Japanese version, but can`t change it now.

- I realized afterwords that (Nakamura production) could be written for Tokyo Ravens and Walkure Romanze as well. .... From here on out I will be working at Pierrot, but anything pre-Naruto was done at Nakamura pro.

- Lastly, While working at Nakamura pro I actually worked on a lot of projects. A few sequences here and there for many series. Detective Conan, pokemon tv episodes, the Tiger and bunny movie, Ojarumaru, D-frag, etc etc. ... I don`t intend to go through and credit myself in series I wasn`t actually listed in the credits of (only "Nakamura production", the studio name, appeared in the staff roll) ... however, I did do quite a lot of work on "Gundam Build Fighters" (Eps 3,7,10,12,14,18,20) which, if it`s ok, I would like to mention. Maybe something like (Uncredited, worker at Nakamura Production) could appear next to my name. (I feel I did a sufficient amount of work for that series, and was actually told I would be credited, but then Sunrise never listed the in-between animators names. Only the studios.) If that`s no-good, then so be it, but I thought I`d ask.

As for "proof", if you look here, I`m sure Nakamura pro is credited in all the episodes I mentioned: http://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/ガンダムビルドファイターズ

Otherwise, thanks for the help. Looks like it`s all good. You can hide that first "Henry Sallow" entry now.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
H-Dizzle wrote:
- I accidentally chose "English version" for Tokyo ravens instead of just leaving it as the original Japanese version, but can`t change it now.

I'm sure you should have been able to change that. It is done now anyway.

Quote:
- I realized afterwords that (Nakamura production) could be written for Tokyo Ravens and Walkure Romanze as well. .... From here on out I will be working at Pierrot, but anything pre-Naruto was done at Nakamura pro.

You just need to either edit the info and add "; Nakamura Production" to the precision or re-submit the same role with "Nakamura Production" as precision.

Quote:
I would like to mention. Maybe something like (Uncredited, worker at Nakamura Production) could appear next to my name.

Personally I don't have any problem with you adding "eps x,y,z; Nakamura Pro; uncredited" to the precision.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
H-Dizzle wrote:
Otherwise, thanks for the help. Looks like it`s all good. You can hide that first "Henry Sallow" entry now.

The last credit is gone, but since you added everything else it is best to just remove it all yourself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1