• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ComicWalker: DoA?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaterri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Like (presumably) a lot of other folks, I was thrilled when I saw the announcement of Kadokawa's ComicWalker service; finally a legal avenue for reading a bunch of the manga I'm particularly interested in without having to wait months (or occasionally years) for physical printings here.

Unfortunately, since the service started with a bang it's gone basically radio-silent. They've added a very small handful of new titles, quietly dropped a couple (Log Horizon, where have you gone?)... and with a couple of predictable exceptions (Gundam and Eva, for instance) everything they've released has had one chapter come out and then just stopped. Worse, the upcoming schedule is almost barren; there are a couple of releases (again, to those same already-updating titles) hypothetically coming in late May, but there are literally only half a dozen updates scheduled for the entire month, and most titles now say "Next Release: Undecidedness" for their individual schedules.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Is this something Kadokawa actually has any intention of updating, is there a lot of frantic negotiation behind the scenes... or was it just a quick indulgence on their part, to be instantly forgotten?
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, they have also been adding new titles, so it looks like they haven't completely abandoned it.

RE: the release frequency, I think most of the titles are going to be "one chapter a month," so it's not too odd that they're scheduled so far out.

It's far from perfect, though. I do remember the one title I'm most interested in, Non Non Biyori, having the 3rd chapter scheduled for April or May, but now it's replaced with the Engrish-y "Undecidedness."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1