• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Higurashi: When They Cry GN 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
good review, but just like the hive queen theory that is not explicitly wronged in the manga, but if you do a bit of thinking it becomes so, takano's destiny as well as other unanswered questions can eb answered by re-reading.
by the manga arc that has not been confirmed as being translated, is that rei ? I particularly like that it shows just how much of a happy ending this ending was.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
The body in the oil drum is just a random, freshly dead corpse that the Yamainu, or the "wild dogs", stole from a morgue and passed off to look like Takano. This is only mentioned in the VNs. Since the identity of the corpse and the cause of death isn't really elaborated upon, I'm pretty certain it's no one important.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Following this series really made me wonder just where everything ends up, made me truly worry whether or not there ever would be a light at the end of the tunnel for the characters. The ending always determines whether or not the story had a point or was just a waste of time. In Higurashi's case, what a sweet and genuinely breathtaking payoff it turned out to be.
Quote:
Now that the series has closed...but wait! Ryukishi07 says that this is not the final arc in the Higurashi: When They Cry series, with one more in which Rika faces her last challenge.

If it's anything like the OVA, it's a solid epilogue about choosing between worlds where the characters have different fates and which is the "right" one. I thought the series ending was wonderful enough, but this truly capped off the story on a poignant note. It would be great if Yen Press could bring that over. For that matter, it's also my hope that someone license-rescues the anime series and I could finally have that in full beyond the first season.

Overall, Higurashi turned out to be a great, distinct saga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1