• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thoughts on Dark Horse's omnibus manga?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
But my biggest complaint about them is that DH redesigned their spine layout between volumes, so the first one has a little Dark Horse logo on the top, while the second has it as a banner across the bottom.

Whoever thought that was a good idea is clearly a f***wit of the highest order. The worst thing is that they've redesigned the spines /again/. This is my collection of Bride of the Water God. Look at the difference between 13-14 and 15. They've moved the horse back up to the top *bashes head against wall* WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I personally don't get bothered by the spine, since my books are not on a shelf in a standard way

I have my manga in comic book sleeves (the ones that are used for single issues comics liek Marvel or DC), and I stack them up on each other, while I was too late for some of my older things I bought

It helps protect the pages from turning color
Pleinair

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
But my biggest complaint about them is that DH redesigned their spine layout between volumes, so the first one has a little Dark Horse logo on the top, while the second has it as a banner across the bottom.

Whoever thought that was a good idea is clearly a f***wit of the highest order. The worst thing is that they've redesigned the spines /again/. This is my collection of Bride of the Water God. Look at the difference between 13-14 and 15. They've moved the horse back up to the top *bashes head against wall* WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

That is also my complaint, I feel your pain as my Bride is the same, so sad. And look at my poor CCS Omni reprints! I was so excited for these lovely pink bricks.

But but....The consistency...! So I like the Omni's, but for goodness sake don't change that mid print.
Oh! I didn't know they were doing a Legal Drug, I stopped paying attention, did that series actually get finished....?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I have the same problem with CCS. *rage* Fortunately my 2 Angelic Layer ones are the same.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Pleinair wrote:
Oh! I didn't know they were doing a Legal Drug, I stopped paying attention, did that series actually get finished....?

They're re-printing Legal Drug (all 3 in 1 book) and also got the rights for Drug & Drop, the sequel. As they didn't finish Legal Drug for whatever reason.

It's strange, you still have to read Legal Drug to make since of the Drug & Drop stuff...sometimes I don't even understand what Clamp is thinking.

Clamp said they wanted to redo Legal Drug, but I think legal rights came up about the magazine it ran though, so I guess giving it a new name was the loophole for that.

But...they should've just did the manga from scratch. D & D just starts right in a middle of a lot and doesn't make since, can't even understand the jokes unless you read Legal Drug 1st

I'm not a big Clamp fan...I don't think they're writing is all that great, and they keep mismatching they're titles together...it's annoying

I only like their Legal Drug and Drug & Drop work because it's one of the few of theirs that doesn't hide the BL thing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2