• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast Classic: Late Night with Helen McCarthy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne.No

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
This miiight be my favourite ANNcast ever. It is up there in the top 5 at least. Super good episode guys. I hope everyone gives it a listen.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
The last McCarthy ANNcast was great too.
awwwwwww. Classic!

Last edited by Shadowrun20XX on Thu May 08, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
The last McCarthy ANNcast was great too.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
ah thanks for showing something from the past, it's very good to show newbies on ANN a piece of the past to teach them new thing. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I didn't hear this when it aired originally. I feared this would be another boring historian like the Oshii guy (I'm sorry but he was), but this is probably one of the best guests you've ever had. Please get her on again somehow.
insert name here

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Helen McCarthy is an absolute delight, and you guys can't have her back on the show fast enough. That story that she told about the child's assessment of My Neighbor Totoro "the movie is dying" will never let me see that film the same way again. It also serves as a reminder that children are far more perceptive and intelligent than they are generally given credit for. At least until the school system manages to drill that out of them.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
When I saw this downloading I initially thought it was a new Helen episode and was really excited, then noticed it was a repost, and...was still excited. I'm looking forward to listening to this again. Helen is basically my hero and I'm so pumped to see her at ACen again.
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Good to hear this one I actually missed it when it was first broadcast. Alas many of the older episodes are no longer on iTunes so it was a joy to see this one downloading.

I'm looking forward to seeing her at A-Kon, we have much to catch up on.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Helen McCarthy is one of my absolute favorite humans. As a kid, I read through The Anime Encyclopedia voraciously, and one day at Anime Weekend Atlanta, I happened to see her wandering the hotel while I was waiting for a "Paprika" screening to start. Immediately, I had to go up and shake her hand and talk to her, and nobody else around us had any idea who she was. Literally one of the nicest, smartest human beings in the industry. One of my biggest role models.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1