• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hamatora Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannphou

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
This review is 100% correct lol... Some might disagree with me, but this show was kinda boring
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Made it through the second episode and couldn't find the will to keep going. Kind of sad it didn't improve, but I didn't exactly expect it to.
iatheia

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
The series was terrible. But there were exactly 5 minutes that made the ride worthwhile. I mean, that ending and the bit in the middle. Seriously, this series is the most glorious troll I've seen since episode 1 of Ga Rei Zero.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Yes, this was indeed terrible. If I had to pick a part of the series I liked it would be when the spoiler[bath house was attacked by terrorists]. That is because it was a total troll on just how bad it is, and just had fun with it. There was like thirty seconds of spoiler[just watching a guy do sit-ups].

And what it did to set up for more, I am not sure if I could do that, although like a guy spoiler[doing sit ups for some reason], could I look away?
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Seiji Kishi should not be given any more projects. He's a terrible director. Simple as that.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I knew this series was awful. I dropped it from the first episode alone because of how laughably stupid and convenient the mystery was and the uninspired aping of GetBackers and Darker than Black coupled with the try hard flamboyant style. Seems I made the right call.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Student no.0

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I honestly haven't seen a protagonist I've disliked more than Nice... There's Makoto sure, but thankfully I've never watched School Days. When a spoiler[Purple Hulk showed up and Nice was being a jerkwad] I just decided to drop it.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I didn't watch this series. Don't plan to.

But the main characters name is Nice? NICE?

You serious?
sainta

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
A shame. I liked this series and never saw it as mystery but instead action and comedy
Hellwarden wrote:
I didn't watch this series. Don't plan to.

But the main characters name is Nice? NICE?

You serious?

Some characters acknowledge he has a weird name. It is believed Facultas erased his real name during his training.
ishmael

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Minimum Holders, Nice and Moral.

This is one thing I'd like anime series (and videogames too) to stop: silly naming. This has to be among the worst offenders. Confused
MHikaru

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was a great series. It had a little bit of everything, comedy, mystery, action and supernatural. I'm glad that its getting a second series. This show is one of those underrated shows that you find wandering about most of the time.

The director who directed this was also the one who directed Tokyo Majin. True, a few didn't like that series here but its definitely broadly popular in Japan. I think thos series and this director did a great job. This show had a unique feel to it and a great sense of mystery behind it.
Shory

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Another example of how comparing scores on ANN can be quite funny. When compared to say, Nobunagun, for example.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I completely disagree. I really enjoyed Hamatora, and I purchased the first Blu-ray. I will of course continue to purchase the rest. The anime has a really colorful cast and a fun world.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I dropped this anime at episode 4. It was simply too boring for me. Literally nothing about it, except for the colorful art, got me interested in it whatsoever. It's just plain boring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The surprise ending's promise of a sequel isn't a promise really. It's a threat.

This sums up my feelings about this show fairly accurately.

Last edited by Merida on Sat May 10, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3